Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
drtigerlilly
Punch Card
Views: 1,168
Message 1 of 3

Tablet/Pen Coating renewal?

I'm getting quite annoyed that the coating on my x61 is disintegrating, and in my mind unwarrantedly so, i want to know if i can use something like Plastidip, on my notebook.

Has anyone had any experience with it?

And would it void my warranty?

jonathan7007
Token Ring
Views: 1,155
Message 2 of 3

Re: Tablet/Pen Coating renewal?

drtigerlilly,

There is a company making a full-screen protective cover that allows pen input. I believe the name is Thomas Engineering.I ordered one for my M400 but did not put it on the screen because I misplaced it. This protector was discussed positively on Tabletpcbuzz in older messages now lost over there. If Googling try Pittsburgh in the search string if more obvious inquiries fail.

Jonathan 

4276-37U -- W520. Keeping an X61t just in case.
First laptop in my house was a luggable Osborne! Now that was a cool computer. (...for its time!)
SuperMod
SuperMod
Views: 1,134
Message 3 of 3

Re: Tablet/Pen Coating renewal?

drtigerlilly wrote:

I'm getting quite annoyed that the coating on my x61 is disintegrating, and in my mind unwarrantedly so, i want to know if i can use something like Plastidip, on my notebook.

Has anyone had any experience with it?

And would it void my warranty?

plastidip would ruin your display.   it's polyurethane-based and would apply thick, uneven, and would likely render your display completely unusable.   it's meant for hand tools, not tablet displays.

needless to say, it would certainly void your warranty. Smiley Wink

jonathan's suggestion above is a much better solution to your problem.

ThinkStation P700      ThinkPad P40 · 600

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors