Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tabsy
Paper Tape
Views: 236
Message 1 of 5

Tablet X1 Gen3 Touchscreen not working

Hi, my Touch Screen stopped responding to touch inputs from my fingers. It was working ok 4-5 days ago and when I used the device in tablet mode.

However, using the Pen to control the screen input does still work as normal.

I've tried the following:

- Disable / Enable HID Touch screen in Device Manager

- Updated Wacom Wintab Driver but driver fails to install / exits without a message

- Updated BIOS to 1.29 but no change observed

Can anyone suggest a solution?

Tabsy
Paper Tape
Views: 210
Message 2 of 5

Re: Tablet X1 Gen3 Touchscreen not working

Update: Turned on the device today and logged in via fingerprint. The touch screen started working again and was responding as normal, allowing me to select icons and scroll using finger gestures.

Rebooted the system and tested again but it's now no longer responding to touch input.

Tried rebooting several times but no change in result, the touch screen does not respond to input.
Tabsy
Paper Tape
Views: 204
Message 3 of 5

Another update. Suspect this may have something to do with the device getting hot. I've let the device cool down so it's cold to the touch and booted back up again - the touch screen is now responding as normal.

I will leave it running for a while and continue to test the touch response. Then try rebooting to reproduce the issue.

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 196
Message 4 of 5

It really sounds to me like a defective panel

Rich

I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo.
Tabsy
Paper Tape
Views: 88
Message 5 of 5

The issue is still intermittently happening. Sometimes it works first time and on other occasions I need to unplug the screen from the keyboard, touch the screen with the touchpen and then my fingers and it works again.

Very odd. I do think a windows update has affected this feature I'm not convinced it's a hardware problem.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors