Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bouvrie
Serial Port
Views: 576
Message 1 of 2

Tablet mode hotkeys/controls X220t?

I've got an X220t, yet I figure this question might be useful for anyone using their laptop as a tablet.

With the laptop in tablet mode, access to the physical keyboard is obstructed. This means there is no direct access to the volume controls, wireless toggle switches, display brightness controls, etc. Though the screen sports 3 buttons, I can only remap 1 of them (screen orientation) even though I never use the native functions of the other two (power and CTRL+ALT+DEL apparently).

I'd recommend Lenovo to put some of those controls on the screen itself, so they are available in both laptop and tablet mode. However, that doesn't help me now, with the current models.

So, I'm looking into ways to either install some gesture-based applications that allow for access to these functionalities (i.e. like SimpleTap, but offering single-fire access to functionality, regardless of the active application window). Or, more likely, I will end up with specific USB-based HID controllers to get the job done.

So, when in tablet mode, and while running a fullscreen application (i.e. game), I want to be able to adjust the overall sound volume, switch to the desktop or change the display brightness. Does anyone happen to have a neat solution to this? Perhaps you have some experience with small usb-based addon modules (i.e. the Shuttle Express or the USB Volume Controller) that help in the lack of hardware controls when in tablet mode? Perhaps even Exploiting the CompactFlash port?

Moderator Note: Edited subject to match content.

ryoanji
Punch Card
Views: 520
Message 2 of 2

Re: Tablet mode hotkeys/controls?

I would very much like to know to answer to that as well.  I have upgraded from X61T and I am missing a lot Navi 4 way controller in X220T.  I have found it incredibly useful when editing PDFs with my X61T for scrolling pages. Unfortunately, two finger touch is not particularly useful here and flicks are useless there.

I was wondering whether it would be possible to remap X220T bezel buttons for ScrollUP and ScrollDOWN? I have absolutely no use for POWER and LOCK buttons and it appears those are precisely the buttons that you can't remap with Lenovo tablet PC settings utility.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors