cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
PetraB
Blue Screen Again
Views: 191
Message 1 of 1

ThinkPad X1 Tablet Gen2 - Screen resolution issues and issues creating new folder on network storage

I have two annoying issues with my new ThinkPad X1 Tablet (Model: 20JB001DGE, running Windows 10 Pro, Build: 1709; 16299.371):

1. When trying to create a new folder on a network share on my Synology NAS I get the error message:
    180318-Ziel existiert nicht-en.JPG
    If I click 'Try Again' the message remains. When 'Cancel' is clicked I got the new folder with the default name 'New Folder'.
    Sometimes this also happens when renaming a folder or file.
    The only way to get rid of it, is restarting the tablet.

I have already been in contact with the Synology Support. They checked the NAS, which seems to be okay. This can be confirmed by using another Windows tablet with the same Win 10 build, which can access the NAS shares and create folder without any issues.

I also contacted the Microsoft Support.
    They adviced me to disable all non-Windows services and all auto start items.
    I uninstalled my Antivirus and Firewall-Tool Avast Premier, using Windows Defender only now.
    We also tried out different SMB configurations. (activating SMB v1 only on both NAS an PC vs. SMB v2/3, which is the recommended and more secure configuration.)
    Nothing of this helped so far.
  2. The tablet is connected to the DVI port of a monitor via the USB 3 Ultra Dock.
    Every once in a while some items are displayed larger than normal or seem blurred, for example when opening windows explorer.

180519-Screen Resolution.JPG

This screenshot should illustrate the difference. On the left is the normal view, while the right one coincides with blurred view of windows explorer items or fonts in documents.

The issue appears after starting Windows and can be resolved by signing out and signing in again.

Any idea what I can do?

Computers help us to resolve problems we wouldn't have had without a PC.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals