Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
MrWorf
What's DOS?
Views: 242
Message 1 of 4

ThinkPad X1 gen3 power button cannot sleep

My X1 Tablet wil no longer react to the power button, meaning I cannot press it to put the tablet to sleep. I've checked all the usual settings in win10 (power and sleep) and it's set to make my tablet sleep no matter which button is pressed. What's worse, if I put the tablet to sleep from the start button, then the power button cannot wake it up.

However, if the tablet is powered off, the power button works fine, so it seems to be a software issue.

I've all the various firmwares, windows 10 is up to date as of today and the BIOS settings doesn't seem to have any options for this.

Has anyone else experienced this and did you find a solution?

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 167
Message 2 of 4

Re: ThinkPad X1 gen3 power button cannot sleep

Look in the event log to see if a device is throwing a message when you push the power button to sleep

Rich

I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo.
MrWorf
What's DOS?
Views: 161
Message 3 of 4

I looked in System and saw nothing. I also created a custom view to see all power messages for the last 24hrs for

a1express, Kernel-Acpi, Kernel-Power, Kernel-PowerTrigger, Power, PowerCfg, Power-Troubleshooter

and I didn't see anything except that it goes to sleep when the keyboard is folded over the display (lid). When I wake up the tablet using the keyboard I get wake up source unknown.

I'm running Win10 Pro (build 17134) if that helps.

The button worked before so it seems like something changed in the last few months.
MrWorf
What's DOS?
Views: 145
Message 4 of 4

I just rebooted into KNOPPIX (linux live dvd) and tried the power button. And of course it worked immediately, so this rules out hardware issues. It's truly a win10 issue with drivers.

Any ideas anyone?

Holiday Deals
HAPPENING NOW!

Get the best deals on PCs and tech now during the Holiday Sale
Shop the sale

Top Kudoed Authors