cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
alsibir
Punch Card
Views: 2,686
Message 1 of 7

ThinkPad-X61t :: Can I use a pen-device with WinXP without Tablet Version of it ?!

Dear Colleagues,

Please tell me the truth: can I use non-tablet version of Windows XP with a Pen-Interface? 

Can I organize Pen Interface with any kind of drivers, or I must to install the Tablet-PC version of Windows?

And maybe ordinary Windows XP can become a Tablet XP version after a special Magic Drivers installing?

Do you know any kind of Software for activation of the pen-device and touch-screen under non-tablet WINDOWS XP.

Or it's impossible?

Thank you for answers.

Message Edited by alsibir on 03-05-2009 11:18 AM
sipp11
802.11n
Views: 2,666
Message 2 of 7

Re: ThinkPad-X61t :: Can I use a pen-device with WinXP without Tablet Version of it ?!

Windows XP tablet version is basically Windows XP pro w/ tablet functionality [which is tablet input panel, writing recognition] If you don't want to use that, you don't have to use Windows XP tablet version either.

I myself rarely use those functionality, only use pen as pointer and for photoshoping. It works just fine under Windows XP pro + install Wacom driver (or multitouch driver.)

alsibir
Punch Card
Views: 2,648
Message 3 of 7

Re: ThinkPad-X61t :: Can I use a pen-device with WinXP without Tablet Version of it ?!

Many thanks for answer,

But I have ununderstanding in two points:

• where can I download drivers for my digitizer device (multitouch+pen)? I can not find it on theThinkPad X61T drivers page of the Lenovo official site may be  because this drivers is a part of the package to TabletPC Part of WinXP OEM and it have renew with Windows? Please tell me the link to digitizer's drivers if possible.
  • If this drivers have been placed on non-Lenovo site, then would you please, tell me about the way how me to understand the type of my device and its manufacturer brand?

Thanks a lot.

sipp11
802.11n
Views: 2,634
Message 4 of 7

From the link you provided, there is

MultiTouch driver for Windows XP Tablet PC Edition 2005 - ThinkPad X60 Tablet, X61 Tablet, X200 Tabl...  2009-01-08

That's what you looking for. In my opinion, that site has such a good resource, but never be in a good/neat presentation since I also have difficulty finding what I want sometimes. I hope one day, they would try to make it better.

alsibir
Punch Card
Views: 2,524
Message 5 of 7

To  sipp11,

I have try to install an ordinary Windows XP version to my PC.

I have no result of the digitizer driver installation because of the site downloading problems.

Now I have reinstalling the Factory Default settings on my PC, but I will try to install another

Windows System in future.

Thank you for helping.

Message Edited by alsibir on 03-18-2009 02:40 AM
Message Edited by alsibir on 03-18-2009 02:40 AM
sipp11
802.11n
Views: 2,509
Message 6 of 7

Well, you can grab driver here http://www.wacom.com/productsupport/select.cfm this is only "pen" driver though.

If you need touch, you can always install multitouch driver above after that.

Have fun with your tablet,

sipp11

alsibir
Punch Card
Views: 2,343
Message 7 of 7

I already did it. It's nice!

Now my Lenovo-X61T works with non-tablet Windows-XP(SP-3, IE-8, Russian Edition).

Drivers for touchscreen and pen was installed by me:

1. MultiTouch driver for Windows XP Tablet PC Edition 2005 (Remember: I install it for non-tablet Windows XP)
  2. Wacom drivers (course for Tablet PC)

but all of it will  work after full Lenovo updates installation only (press ThinkVantage-->Update my system, install all of you can find in that point) .

I bought a RitePen program. It installed  instead of Tablet Part of Windows and now I can write pen text more better then it was under Windows_XP_Tablet. This little utility understand my curved russian handwriting almost without errors. Becouse of it I can recomend this simple solution.

Problem is solved. My  PC is very good now. Really, Lenovo X61T is the best PC for me today. 

I'm happy.

Many thanks for good advice.

Smiley Happy

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals