03-08-2019

GB

3 Signins

46 Page Views

• Views: 46
  • Message 1 of 2

ThinkPad x230t / Tablet sim issue

2019-03-08, 22:50 PM

In my X230 Tablet I have an Ericsson F5521GW Wan card installed and I have tried various different sim cards, but to no avail.
In the network settings it says Insert SIM. I'm not sure if I am inserting the SIM card in a wrong orientation or if the slot itself is faulty or if the wan card is faulty. I have been trying to google this issue for a while now but can't seem to find the answer anywhere. Even using the manual for this model did not work.

Below you can see that all neccessary drivers have been installed correctly.

The sim card is not detected by the system no matter what I try. I hope someone can help me out on this.

Options

1815 Posts

08-02-2018

US

697 Signins

10126 Page Views

• Views: 10126
  • Message 2 of 2

Re: ThinkPad x230t / Tablet sim issue

2019-12-12, 15:01 PM

Hi BIZKIT551! Welcome to our forums community. Sorry for the delay. Have you tried other SIM cards? This will help us isolate if the SIM slot works. The SIM card slot can be found at the bottom of the device. Please refer to the photo below.

You can also try reinstalling the WWAN driver here: https://pcsupport.lenovo.com/us/en/products/laptops-and-netbooks/thinkpad-x-series-tablet-laptops/thinkpad-x230-tablet/downloads/driver-list/component?name=Networking%3A%20Wireless%20WAN. Update us how it goes.

Regards

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete