Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
humei8
Paper Tape
Views: 2,773
Message 1 of 3

ThinkPas X230 Tablet Auto Rotate under Windows 10

I recently bought a X230 tablet. Actually I did not realise that it can rotate screen in tablet mode automatically, at least in Windows 7 and Windows 8. I performed a clean install of Windows 10 and obviously it did not support auto rotate even with all the drivers that Lenovo System Updater helped me installed.

One thread in this forum solved auto rotate in Windows 8. It is largely the same to that thread. Except that for Windows 10 you need to let the X230 recognise the built in accelerometer which is actually mainly intended for protecting hard drive from being damaged after free fall. Incidentally accelerometer found its way in Sony's hard drive walkman HD5 before, which also has hard drive accidentally falling protection and screen auto rotating function.

All you need is 2 pieces of software: 1. Thinkpad Tablet Shortcut menu

2. Thinkpad Active Protection System.

The 2nd file is the one that will allow the accelerometer come to life. Installing this 2 software and the needed reboot. go to 'C:\Program Files (x86)\ThinkPad\Tablet Shortcut\' and double click on 'LENTBCTL' to run it. Then use your stylus to click the 'Settings' button at the lower left corner. Then you will find 'auto rotating' option. Tick the box ahead of it and following the calibration procedure. Then click 'OK' button. Now turn on Tablet Mode in Windows 10's notification center and the screen will rotate automatically as you tilt it. I tested it on my own X230 tablet and it works flawlessly. Hope this can help. It makes for a very competent windows 10 tablet despite only 2 capacitive touch points which is fairly limited.

freddie_mcclair
What's DOS?
Views: 938
Message 2 of 3

Re: ThinkPas X230 Tablet Auto Rotate under Windows 10

This information was very helpful; my X230T is fully working with Win10 thanks to you.

Thanks a lot!

seanhvw
Paper Tape
Views: 872
Message 3 of 3

Re: ThinkPas X230 Tablet Auto Rotate under Windows 10

Thanks. Just purchased an x230T and AutoRotation was my biggest issue. But it also seems to have disabled the touch screen, does anyone know of a workaround.