Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Paper Tape
Message 1 of 2

Thinkpad Helix 1st Gen Digitizer intact but not functioning

Hi all,

My issue is that one day while my laptop was on the bed, it fell onto the floor and I think it broke in half, with the screen assembly seperating partially from the mainboard. I wasn't worried at the time because it seemed like a minor fall, and the computer stayed on and was fine. I snapped the two back together, expecting that nothing was wrong -- but then I noticed the digitizer had stopped working.

I turned off and popped open the computer to see if anything inside was visibly damaged. Everything looked fine. It's been a while now, but having been fed up with it, I popped it open and re-checked all the connections to make sure they were tight. It *seems* to me that the digitizer cable may have been folded too aggressively and developed a kink? I could also be seeing something that isn't there. I'm thinking of replacing it, but I don't want to waste $30 for no reason.

What could the problem be? Why would what appears to be a perfectly intact and functional digitizer suddenly become absolutely and completely unresponsive?

Community Moderator
Community Moderator
Message 2 of 2

Re: Thinkpad Helix 1st Gen Digitizer intact but not functioning

I think there is no way to know for sure whether you damaged the cable or broke one of the very fine connections inside the screen assembly.

I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo.
Top Kudoed Authors