Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
duggyc
Paper Tape
Views: 465
Message 1 of 8

Thinkpad Helix 2 & compatible stylus - clarity needed

There's plenty been written on this topic but a real absense of anything that could be considered a definitive answer. I've certainly  read enough on the subject to reach the conclusion that the only way to limit the likelyhood of purchasing the wrong stylus is to post the exact model and serial number of my thinkpad here and hope that someone might be good enough to point me in the correct direct.

so here it is,

Helix ver 2
model - 20chs10s0n
serial no - ********

I've seen a couple of compatibity lists on this forum but neither had this specific model version listed and it's my understanding that that'sthe important bit.

really hope someone can help.

thanks for listening

duggy

Moderator note: serial number removed to prevent abuse.

RAJ_2806
Token Ring
Views: 460
Message 2 of 8

Re: Thinkpad Helix 2 & compatible stylus - clarity needed

Hello duggyc,

Have u tried the Lenovo WICOM digitizer Pen for your Helix?

duggyc
Paper Tape
Views: 452
Message 3 of 8

Hi Raj

Thanks for responding. I haven't tried any pen as of yet so I'm in the dark I'm afaid.

If this quote in a similar post from a Lenovo techie is correct then  simply choosing a stylus listed as Helix 2 friendly then buying the  correct pen will require information beyondjust "helix 2"

"Some models of Helix 2nd Gen support the ThinkPad Pen Pro/ Active Pen, while others support the digitizer pen.

To determine which pen your Helix 2nd Gen model supports, please visit this link:

http://psref.lenovo.com/Product/ThinkPad_Helix_2nd_Gen?search=true"

My machine is not included in the chart

regards

duggy

RAJ_2806
Token Ring
Views: 448
Message 4 of 8

Does your machine comes with a Pen Bay support? Where you can insert the pen when not used?

If not, you can proceed buying the Lenovo Pro Pen with the Marketing PN: 4X80H34887 and it's compatible with your Machine.

duggyc
Paper Tape
Views: 412
Message 5 of 8

BINGO!!! we have a winner! No pen port.

Thanks Raj

Exactly the sort of tip I hoped someone would have knowlege of.

regards

duggy

ww5
Paper Tape
Views: 252
Message 6 of 8

I've just bought a Lenovo Active  Stylus 4X80H34887 for my second hand Lenovo Helix 2, model No. 20CHS10P02, Pro Keyboard with battery. It does not work. I found some opinions on Amazon that 4X80H34887 pen is actually not compatible with Helix 2, even if Lenovo page says so. Lenovo support pages are a real mess - misleading or contradictory information. Can anybody confirm what stylus model is actually compatible? Is it model dependent? Is there a way to contact Lenovo directly and receive a confirmation that a stylus will work with my concrete Helix 2 model? Thanks in advance.

Highlighted
duggyc
Paper Tape
Views: 229
Message 7 of 8

ww5, I couldn't agree more. The information provided by Lenovo doesn't go far enough to clarify this simple question. Like you, I found contradictory information which is why I asked the question here, giving the full model number for reference. I happy to report the information returned by the community was correct. I think until such times as Lenovo provide the simple two col table that would make this process painless,it might be an idea to ask the question in a fresh thread with the words "stylus" and your full model number in the title for the benefit of those who will surely follow. I'll see if I can edit the title of this thread similarly.

The pen I bought was the one with red top which works well.
regards

duggy

ww5
Paper Tape
Views: 220
Message 8 of 8

duggyc, thanks for prompt reply. I'm even more confused now, having read the Helix manual 'if your tablet does not come with a Tablet Digitizer Pen or a ThinkPad Active Pen, your tablet does not support a pen'. How am I to verify that in case of a second hand device? Is there a possibility that my model doesn't support any pen at all? I would be very disappointed in such a case - Helix is advertised as a pen friendly tablet in multiple places. I just wonder if you could check your pen & tactile screen Windows settings. In my case it reads that multiple touch, 10 points are supported but no mention of pen support. Thanks for your suggestion - starting a new thread might help. Have a nice day.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors