RezaSR
Punch Card
Views: 341
Message 1 of 5

Thinkpad Helix: Is the pen included?

Hi

I want to buy a thinkpad helix.

The tech spec of display is:

11.6" 400nit Full HD (1920 x 1080), Digitizer and Pen, Intel Centrino Advanced-N 6205S (2x2 AGN), 2MP 1080p front camera, 5MP 1080prear camera

What does Digitizer and Pen means? The device is inculded with a pen, or it is capable of utilizeing a pen?

How can I determine if the device has a pen?

Please help me!

anon47
Blue Screen Again
Views: 299
Message 2 of 5

Re: Thinkpad Helix: Is the pen included?

It does come with a pen as standard, yes. Whether you'll like the pen or not is a different story altogether.
RezaSR
Punch Card
Views: 294
Message 3 of 5

Thanks for your reply

Yes, of cource I like the pen. I want to know if it does not come with a pen, I should buy one.

anon47
Blue Screen Again
Views: 288
Message 4 of 5

If the model your purchasing has a digitiser, then it will ship with a pen. The pen has a slot conveniently placed in the upper left corner of the slate portion of the machine. If the model you are purchasing does not have a digitiser, then it will not ship with a pen. You can refer to the following thread for further information, but what I've written here is pretty much the short of it.

http://forums.lenovo.com/t5/X-Series-Tablet-ThinkPad-Laptops/Can-I-add-a-pen-to-Helix-if-it-didn-t-c...

What I mean regarding liking the pan is liking the specific pen that comes with the Helix in the box. It's quite thin and small, so if you have larger hands you may find writing with it cumbersome. It's up to you whether you'd prefer a different pen. So long as your Helix has a digitiser, any pen should work.
RezaSR
Punch Card
Views: 284
Message 5 of 5

Thanks for your complete answer.

Ok, I will try it, as you said, I may decide to buy another pen.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors