Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 1,461
Message 21 of 31

Re: Helix Gen 1 Lost digitizer pen after Windows 10 annual upgrade

Interesting,

Your link seems to be legit, that folder is in my registry.  I'd still stay away from the WINtab driver until nothing else works.

I did find that other pens work for the Helix.  Make sure your pen is out of the silo before you try this.  I have pens from an X41, X60, X61, and an HP TC4400 and they all work with the Helix.  I didn't try it, but I'll bet the pen from an X200 will work too.  If you have another machine laying around or know anyone that has any, maybe you could borrow the pen and see if it works on your Helix.  

Regards,

Dave

Community GuidelinesSearchPrivate MessagingENDEESPTRUUACZ-SKMoto
PM requests for individual support are not answered. If a post solves your issue, please mark it so.
Highlighted
noremac_22
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 1,462
Message 22 of 31

well that file did nothing to fix the problem, just flashed a cmd window and disappeared, checked the Sys Info and the Pen Driver is still in "Stopped" state and still not showing in Services for me to Stop/Start.

I am about ready to give up, spent almost 2 weeks on this bloody issue and gone nowhere, other than backwards from WIN10 to WIN8..  I have nothing else to try other than another Pen.  Am trying to get in touch with the colleague I used to work with that had the other Helix to see if he has any ideas.

other than that, next stop WINtab drivers

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 1,459
Message 23 of 31

Did you happen to see this in your searches?

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-X-Series-Tablet-and/Tablet-Pen-stopped-working-or-responding/t...

The last reply at the bottom.

PM requests for individual support are not answered. If a post solves your issue, please mark it so.
noremac_22
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 1,452
Message 24 of 31

No I did not see that.  I've had a look at the "Services" and there is no service for Wacom Tablet, just one for Lenovo Tablet.  I'll fiddle with this a little assuming I need to do same just change Wacom for the Lenovo Service.

Still a little confused why I can see a service for Wacom Pen in ths Sys Info but not in Services.

noremac_22
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 1,425
Message 25 of 31

Well I have finally surrendered to the fact this is not going to work....

Have tried everything I have come across and still nothing has worked.  Sometimes I like to find out why these things dont work and resolve them but it's time I waved that white flag and surrendered, I'm fighting a loosing battle here!

have decided to wipe the laptop clean, reinstall WIN10 and settle for the fact the Pen just aint gonna work!

Many thanks for all your help Dave Smiley Happy

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 1,402
Message 26 of 31

Sorry that nothing worked out for this, we tried darn near everything we could think of without taking apart the whole machine.

If you figure anything out, post it in here and if I find anything different, I will too.

Regards,

Dave

noremac_22
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 1,395
Message 27 of 31

hehe, i did actually take the machine apart, well as much as I was willing to anyway, but hard to tell if the silo was working or not with nothing to run a diagnositic with.

FYI, i found a stylus that works with the Helix, Adonit Jot Pro http://www.adonit.net/jot/pro/ although I'm not sure if it was the pressure of the disk that worked on tablet (much like using a finger) or if it was actually the point of the Pen.  Knowing that using my finger on the tablet works perfectly, I sort of felt that was what the Jot Pro was doing...  

That said, I still dont get why I cannot get the drivers to show and work properly in the Device Manager, nothing in there makes sense.

If I feel like having another crack at getting this Pen working I'll come back and update.

Again, thanks for trying to help!

DigitalNinja92
Paper Tape
Views: 697
Message 28 of 31

Hi all,

I had the same exact problem with my Lenovo Thinkpad helix (3xxx type). Updated to Windows 10 and stylus completely stopped working. Same errors as in the posts above. I tried all the software solutions mentioned by others (updating the driver, doing a full update on my computer etc.) Nothing was working. When I'd finally exhausted all software solution possibilities and had spent hours upon hours reading through forums and trying different solutions, starting and restarting my computer, I figured it was likely a hardware issue. So I opened it up, found the sensor for the pen digitizer (located at the bottom of the slot for the pen), followed the cable back to where it plugs in, unplugged it, plugged it back in, powered up the laptop and now the pen works. I'm so relieved, spent so so so many hours trying to figure it out, was even thinking about reverting back to Windows 8. O.o  So glad I didn't, and just checked the cable. Getting the screen off was a bit of a pain, but the rest was actually pretty easy. Hope it works for others with this issue!

Arkyson
Paper Tape
Views: 495
Message 29 of 31

I'm having same problem all of a sudden yesterday ?possibly after windows update

Interestingly, on device manager, the 4th device under human interface devices says "HID-compliant-device" where on my other windows tablets says "HID-compliant-pen" and "pen" doesnt appear anywhere else in the device manager...

lenovo crap.jpg

Arkyson
Paper Tape
Views: 491
Message 30 of 31

SOLVED!!!!

see DigitalNinja92's post above mine; did exactly what he said (i.e. open the tablet, unplug the pen solo sensor and replug it) and the Wacom pen now works as it always did..

Interestingly I sometimes get the same problem with the touchscreen failing, and have to pretty much do the same thing, open the tablet, unplug the lcd cables, and replug, and it works again

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors