Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cranjx
Paper Tape
Views: 2,374
Message 1 of 5

Thinkpad Tablet X41 dies randomly

I've had  a X41 Tablet for about 2.5 years now.  Just recently in the past month it will randomly die on me, meaning it will lose all power (No shutdown screen, nothing).  If I try to turn it back on, nothing will happen.  If I plug in the AC adapter, still no power.  The only way I can get it to start back up is if I remove the battery, then place it back in forcefully or wiggle the battery around while it is back in the slot.  If it does restart, the battery is still charged like nothing had happened.  So  it isn't the battery losing it's charge.  I even tried putting another battery in from one of the X41 tablets in our office after the computer had died and it wouldn't start.  My thoughts are it has something to with the connection on the board.  Any other thoughts or ways to fix this?

Thanks,
John

Message Edited by cranjx on 06-11-2008 10:34 AM
jasperjugan
Punch Card
Views: 2,358
Message 2 of 5

Re: Thinkpad Tablet X41 dies randomly

I would suggested having it inspected by lenovo themselves. Do you have a 3-year warranty?
--------
Jasper Jugan - http://www.backpackboy.com
x61 Tablet | 1.8Ghz LV7700 | 4GB RAM | MultiView/MultiTouch | Windows Vista Ultimate 64-bit Smiley Happy
cranjx
Paper Tape
Views: 2,319
Message 3 of 5

Actually I just checked and I am still under warranty, so I'll try and find a local dealer to look at it.
Thanks
CEOmike
Paper Tape
Views: 2,270
Message 4 of 5

Its the battery, there is a microchip in the battery that may lock AC the power off when the battery dies. Buy a new battery.
cranjx
Paper Tape
Views: 2,038
Message 5 of 5

Actually, I finally took it to a warranty authorized dealer and they had to replace the system board (at least that is what he told me).  It works now.
Top Kudoed Authors