Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Allan1024
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,326
Message 1 of 10

Thinkpad X1 Tablet 3rd Gen WIFI disconnected after sleep

Hi, 

When my tablet turn back from sleep, the WIFI is always disconnected. Someone told me it can be set in the Power Options of control panel or Network adapter in device management. However, I didn't find the power options for network, and there is also no power options card in the properties of Wireless-AC 8265. Would you please give some advises to fix this problem? Thank you so much

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 1,317
Message 2 of 10

Re: Thinkpad X1 Tablet 3rd Gen WIFI disconnected after sleep

Hi Allan1024 and welcome to the community,

Control Panel, Device Manager, click on the wireless adapter under Network Adapters.  In the window that opens, click on Power Management.  Make sure that "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power" is unchecked.  Click OK.

Regards,

Dave

Community GuidelinesSearchPrivate MessagingENDEESPTRUUACZ-SKMoto
PM requests for individual support are not answered. If a post solves your issue, please mark it so.
Allan1024
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,308
Message 3 of 10

Dear Dave,

Thank you for your reply. I have followed your instructions. But you can see my screenshoot, my Win10 (Version1809) doesn't the PowerManagement in the properties of  wirless adapter. I don't know the reason of this. 

Best,

Allan

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 1,281
Message 4 of 10

Hi,

Is it disabled?  Right click on the internet icon in the taskbar.   Open Network and Internet Settings.  Open Network and Sharing Center.  On the left choose Change adapter settings. 

If the adapter is disabled, the added options do not appear, such as Power Management.

Regards,

Dave

PM requests for individual support are not answered. If a post solves your issue, please mark it so.
Allan1024
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,276
Message 5 of 10

Dear Dave,

In the Network connection of Net workand interest, the status of wireless AC 8265 is enable. But there is still no Power Management in the properties of Network adapter (AC 8265). I really feel bad about that. Thank you so much for your time.

Best,

Allan

pkiff
Punch Card
Views: 1,271
Message 6 of 10

Hey Allan, I'm not experiencing this problem, but just FYI, on my X1 Tablet 3rd Gen running Win 10 Pro (1809), I don't get a "Power Management" option in that properties menu either.

Dave, maybe the location of the option you are trying to tweak depend on Windows/firmware/driver version of the adapter/network protocol.

Phil.

Allan1024
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,255
Message 7 of 10

Dear Phil.,

I had also search the network protocol in the WIFI properties, and I didn't find any protocol related to Power management. Someone said update driver of Wanlan can solve the problem, but I unstalled and reinstalled the wireless drive. It still does't work and disconnected after sleep.

Best,

Allan

pkiff
Punch Card
Views: 1,241
Message 8 of 10

Today I stumbled upon another setting you might check. Under Settings -> System -> Power and Sleep, I have an option at the bottom titled "Network connection": "When my PC is asleep and on battery power, disconnect from the network". And I can choose several options:
Never
Always
Managed by Windows

Currently, mine is set to "Managed by Windows", but I'm not sure what that means.

Phil.

Allan1024
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,227
Message 9 of 10

Dear Phil, 

I also noticed this setting in Power & Sleep. I will set it like you and try whether it does work. Thank you so much.

Best

Allan

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 1,199
Message 10 of 10

Hi Phil,

Thank you for posting your experience with your machine.  I don't have one of these, so posting your suggestions with the same machine really helps.

Dave 

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors