VN

6 Signins

86 Page Views

• Views: 86
  • Message 1 of 2

Thinkpad X1 tablet gen 3 charging light, microphone and battery life issues

2019-02-22, 12:31 PM

Hello, 

I bought the Thinkpad X1 tablet gen 3 in Dec 2018. Since then, I cannot see the red charging light being on when it's fully charged, but when I plug the cord in, the charging light does flicker 3 times, yet it doesnt indicate when fully charging? 

Moreover, I have updated everything until now, but the microphone just doesnt record my voice clearly when the laptop is being charged with electricity? I have tried to tune every option in the setting of the microphone, but the Voice Recorder just doesnt record my voice clearly, always with distortion while being charged? 

Finally, the battery life lasts maximum about 5 hrs, not as advertised as 9 hrs? 

Has anyone had the same issues as mine with the Thinkpad X1 tablet gen 3, please give me your recommendations? 

Many thanks

Options

459 Posts

05-02-2019

US

322 Signins

7862 Page Views

• Views: 7862
  • Message 2 of 2

Re: Thinkpad X1 tablet gen 3 charging light, microphone and battery life issues

2020-02-04, 15:12 PM

Hi !

Welcome to Lenovo Community Forums.

Are you still experiencing the same problem? Sorry for the late response.

According to the user guide of your ThinkPad X1 Tablet(Page 3), The indicator in the ThinkPad logo and the indicator in the power button show the system status of the computer.

Blinks three times: The computer is initially connected to a power source.

On: The computer is on and in use.

Off: The computer is off or in sleep mode. 4 Kickstand: See “Using the kickstand” on page 

For the microphone issue, try to turn off the audio enhancement by following the steps below and observe if you'll see any changes.

• In the taskbar search, type ‘Sound’ and select Sound Control Panel item from the list of results.
  • The Sound properties box will open. Under the Playback tab, right-click the Default Device – Speakers/Headphones and select Properties.
  • In the Speakers Properties box which opens, switch to the Enhancements tab, select the Disable all enhancements check box.

Regards,

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow @LenovoForums on Twitter!

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save