cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MisterTablit
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 4,912
Message 1 of 6

Thinkpad X61 Tablet rotation sequence....

I have never been able to get this tablet screen to rotate according to the rotation sequence settings I have set for it in the control panel tablet settings. It is currently set to go from primary landscape to secondary landscape, then portrait, etc.

It NEVER works upon rotating the screen. Doing this, tt always goes straight to the portrait orientations.

According to that control panel setting, this sequence is for the button only. From the usual, unfolded laptop position, the sequence does work. However, if I flip the screen then hit the button, it goes out of sequence.

Anyone successfully get theirs to rotate properly?

ctoys
Token Ring
Views: 4,865
Message 2 of 6

Re: Thinkpad X61 Tablet rotation sequence....

Yes, had the same issue until I changed the setting in another place that must override the one you set.    Go to Programs > ThinkVantage  > Tablet Shortcut Menu >  Settings (round link at bottom) > Customize Tablet Menu Settings then set the Auto Screen Rotation default value.    The screens will then rotate in the order you set in the Control Panel > Table and Pen Settings > Display > Sequence.   One place to set the default orientaion and one place for the sequence, not sure how or if the two conflict with each other. 
Full disclosure: Not a Lenovo employee, just someone with a X61 running Win XP SP2
MisterTablit
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 4,856
Message 3 of 6

Bingo! Thanks for that. I never noticed that setting.
benlhy
Paper Tape
Views: 4,625
Message 4 of 6

That's great news... have been going nuts over these settings...

Yhanks.

garygrun
Paper Tape
Views: 4,543
Message 5 of 6

I like to have-my tablet screen unrotated so that the battery faces my lap, the heat vent faces right bottom. In other words I don't want the screen to rotate.

I have the order set for one button push to rerotate back to this orientation.

Can I set this default to not rotate?

Regards

Gary

ctoys
Token Ring
Views: 4,493
Message 6 of 6

GaryGrun:

Yes, you can choose any of the four orientations as the default off the tablet settings button at the bottom of the Tablet Shortcut Menu and the screen can stay in the same orientation between tablet mode and laptop mode.    

Full disclosure: Not a Lenovo employee, just someone with a X61 running Win XP SP2

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors