Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
campanella
Serial Port
Views: 1,304
Message 1 of 6

Thinkpad x230 tablet, some thought

I have thinkpad x230 tablet, and I have mixed feeling about it. It is a quite powerful one, does most of the job but have too many design flaws - broken rubber latch after a while and rubber buffers in the bottom etc., 

I hate the new gen x240 laptop, especially the X series convertible laptop is discontinued. Stupid, in my opinion, yoga design. I, no way, want to flip the keyboard to any surface. Especially on a field trip.

X240 discontinues Express Card slot, no thunderbolt, no digitizer. The removal of trackpoint 3 click buttons, which were combined with the trackpad. People complain a lot when they accidentally click the trackpad while typing. I am a trackpoint person, not trackpad person. So the removal was **** retarded, anti consumer, anti Thinkpad legacy!

Pls, see this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jb7p3VkQCOo. I did not made this video but 100% agree with this guy. 

In addition, it seems to me that newer generations Intel core processor (4th and upcoming 5th) was weeker than ivy bridge processor because Ivy Bridge processors are full power 35W, now, everything is low powered to save the battery life.

I have a few questions:

1.Is there anyway, or any company that can make a better thinkpad x230 tablet screen (say upgrading the screen from 1366x768 to higher resolution, improving wacom pen digitizer on the edges

2. Is there any laptop on the market that has express card or thunderbolt, touch screen, digitizer (either N-trig or wacom), full powered processor, trackpoint and legacy Thinkpad keyboard? 

**** lenovo, I think I do not find a next successor for my Thinkpad x230 tablet. My contender seems to be Surface pro 4. 

gusat
HDMI
Views: 1,258
Message 2 of 6

Re: Thinkpad x230 tablet, some thought

I can't post today; my rather negative posts are vanishing 2-3 times in a row. I'll be more positive :-)
Puppy
Bit Torrent
Views: 1,254
Message 3 of 6

@campanella wrote:

2. Is there any laptop on the market that has express card or thunderbolt, touch screen, digitizer (either N-trig or wacom), full powered processor, trackpoint and legacy Thinkpad keyboard? 

Legacy ThinkPad keyboard - no way. Fujitsu Lifebook T904 http://www.notebookcheck.net/Review-Fujitsu-Lifebook-T904-Convertible.115876.0.html is one of last convertibles on the market. The market is going toward 2in1 devices.

Serial Port
Views: 1,227
Message 4 of 6

It seems to be a very interesting laptop/ tablet. But it does not have a trackpoint. Too bad.

campanella
Serial Port
Views: 1,225
Message 5 of 6

So lenovo forum removed your negative posts?

Are they censoring? 

gusat
HDMI
Views: 1,165
Message 6 of 6

I doubt they censor. Most likely they use some overly aggressive ACLs and rules/filters.

Net effect: I invested ca. 20min in writing posts (including relevant links), posted them 2-3 times in row, leaving more than the mandatory 60s (else an ACL kills your post as "flooding the forum")... and nothing.

Sometimes others have complained of the same, posts getting lost, with high correlation, negative. Rather a poor programming job than actual censoring, me thinks :-)

Holiday Deals
HAPPENING NOW!

Get the best deals on PCs and tech now during the Holiday Sale
Shop the sale

Top Kudoed Authors