cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mmo
Punch Card
Views: 1,979
Message 1 of 4

Touch settings for Adobe Reader or a better reader?

One of the main reasons I bought the Lenovo X201t with touch capability was the expectation to be able to read PDF files (of which I have to read a lot) by navigating with my fingers only, i.e. "iPad-style". However, that "dream" hasn't materialized at all, yet!

When I am trying to scroll (or pan) while reading some text (for which I am currently using a two finger swipe gesture) then Adobe Reader (v10.0.1) constantly becomes "not responding" and gets busy for maybe 15-20 seconds or so. This is getting unacceptable!

Does anyone have an idea, why this is happening all the time? Or is someone using a touch configuration (with "flicks" or whatever) that works acceptably and allows speedy and reliable scrolling in PDF documents? Or is there maybe an alternative PDF reader application that can be decently controlled using a touch screen?

Michael

mike5065
Token Ring
Views: 1,939
Message 2 of 4

Re: Touch settings for Adobe Reader or a better reader?

Try Foxit and see if it behaves better.  I use it because it's fast.

Highlighted
dupain
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,929
Message 3 of 4

you can also try:

PDF-XChange Viewer

Martview

Bluebeam (in trial because it's not free)

and see which one you prefer

Pic
Blue Screen Again
Views: 1,918
Message 4 of 4

I bought the the X201 Tablet too and I'm currently using Adobe Reader with no problem. However, I am using the preinstalled version of Adobe Reader. It could have updated itself from time to time but current running version is 9.4.2. I should say that I'm running Windows 7 x64.

Maybe it's related to the size the PDF files. How big are they? Are you opening them on a remote location?

Try to downgrade to Adobe Reader 9 and see if the problem persist.

You can also use Foxit Reader. I use it on my older PCs because it's lighter and faster than Adobe Reader. However, I had minor problem printing small characters like font size 8 exponent. Don't have this problem with Adobe.
X201 tablet w/ Multitouch, 8-Cell Battery
Core i7 620LM (2.00 GHz) w/ 4 GB DDR3 Memory
Windows 7 Pro 64 bits, HDD 320GB 7200RPM

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors