cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
colferns
Paper Tape
Views: 2,442
Message 1 of 6

TouchPanel Problem, X200 Tablet with enchanced multitouch - NO TOUCH FEATURES AT ALL

Hello all, I just purchased a Lenovo X200 Tablet with enhanced multitouch on the 13th of November when they were having the nice employee sale. I customized the X200 enhanced multitouch package and added a whole bunch of features. I got the camera, turbo memory, 4 gigs of ram, fingerprint reader and the works. The only problem is I don't have any touch features (with my hand) at all. It only detects the digitizer pen. I thought maybe they forgot to install the drivers or something so I tried installing the touch drivers from the Lenovo website (my product number is apparently 7448CTO which is not freaking multitouch from reading on the forums). When I try to enable the Touch features it tells me that it did not detect any touchscreen moreover the tablet did not even come with the simpleTap software which had me really puzzled. Why did Lenovo do this to me?? I need it for university and it took really long to come. I really need those touch features not just the pen. Thanks Cal
Sonoben
Paper Tape
Views: 2,407
Message 2 of 6

Re: TouchPanel Problem, X200 Tablet with enchanced multitouch - NO TOUCH FEATURES AT ALL

Colferns,

I've had a x200 tablet multi-touch for a few months.  Just upgraded to win 7 and having problems getting the multitouch to work.  I wonder if the drivers are not working.  BTW, 7448cto refers to the 7448 model, "Configured To Order" - I know, not very helpful.

It is strange, since in XP it worked okay (but not great).  I now look at my Control Panel | System and Security | System Setting and I see half way down the window a category called "Pen and  Touch:". I am dismayed to see "Pen and Single Touch Input Available".

I hope some one replies soon with the right drivers. 

colferns
Paper Tape
Views: 2,359
Message 3 of 6

Re: TouchPanel Problem, X200 Tablet with enchanced multitouch - NO TOUCH FEATURES AT ALL

Hello everyone, it was all a big mistake, Lenovo had some errors with their website on the day I ordered it so they shipped the digitizer pen only version by mistake. They were really nice to me when I called them up and they said they would replace it with the enhanced multitouch that I ordered originally. Thanks Lenovo!

In reference to your problem Sonoben, your missing the 2 finger multitouch drivers, you can find it on the Lenovo website right here - http://www-307.ibm.com/pc/support/site.wss/document.do?sitestyle=lenovo&lndocid=MIGR-73295

That should get your multitouch working better than ever, have fun with Windows 7 (I hope you got Business or Ultimate because those are very tablet friendly) Smiley Happy

coolocksimba
Paper Tape
Views: 2,319
Message 4 of 6

Exactly the same thing happened to me. I also called and they said they'd arrange an exchange for me. I was also very happy with how they handled their mistake.

colferns
Paper Tape
Views: 1,977
Message 5 of 6

I tried calling them a week and a few days after the laptop was returned (I checked the UPS website it said returned), They're not picking up the phone or replying to any of my emails. The money is going to be taken out soon and I still don't have the Tablet

skay
What's DOS?
Views: 441
Message 6 of 6

Hallo,

I have ThinkPad X200 (7454-2HU) latop, I have downloaded the simpletap but can not use touch feature at all.

Does X200 (7454-2HU) has this property??

Any help?

Regards

Skay

Top Kudoed Authors