Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Polantaris
Paper Tape
Views: 3,740
Message 1 of 7

Turn Screen off on Lid Close

I have a ThinkPad X200 Tablet, and recently I did a System Update through the ThinkVantage Button, and possibly ever since (Not sure...I rarely close my lid with the system on), I've noticed that when I close the lid, the monitor doesn't turn off.

I had my laptop in another room of my house and I got a battery warning, but I was watching a show so I decided to just close the lid and bring it to the charger later.  Upon closing, I noticed that the screen is still on.  That's very bad, as if I close the lid with it on I want to conserve power.  After this happened, I looked through the settings.  There is no setting on Power Options that have the action Lid Close: Turn off Screen or any relation to that.  I cannot seem to get the system to turn off the screen when I close the lid.  I DO NOT want it to Sleep or Hybernate.  I want the screen to simply turn off, then turn back on when I open it again later.  Does anyone know a way to get this to happen?

lead_org Microsoft MVP Contributor
Microsoft MVP Contributor
Views: 3,733
Message 2 of 7

Re: Turn Screen off on Lid Close

so are you saying that the laptop's LCD is still on, when it is in closed position?

Regards,

Jin Li

May this year, be the year of 'DO'!

I am a volunteer, and not a paid staff of Lenovo or Microsoft
jonlumpkin
Token Ring
Views: 3,723
Message 3 of 7

It should turn off when you close the lid (mine does at about 3/4 closed, and will NOT suspend if plugged in).  My guess would be you have a driver problem (one of the pre-release Win7 drivers caused this to happen to mine on a few occassions).

I would suggest uninstalling Power Manager and the Intel Graphics driver.  Then download and install the newest versions.  Hopefully that will fix your problem.

Polantaris
Paper Tape
Views: 3,718
Message 4 of 7

I uninstalled both drivers and reinstalled them using the ThinkVantage System Update.  That fixed it.  Thanks a lot I appreciate the help ^^

Polantaris
Paper Tape
Views: 3,712
Message 5 of 7

Now I have a new issue with my laptop now.  Reinstalling those drivers has stopped the screen from auto-rotating when I go into Tablet mode.  Is there a setting for that or something?

jonlumpkin
Token Ring
Views: 3,671
Message 6 of 7

Yes, it's in the Tablet Shortcut menu settings.  Should be accessible by pressing the menu button on the bezel (left of the lock).  You can also set Active-Rotate (using the accelerometer), and force the system to resume when removing the pen there.

Polantaris
Paper Tape
Views: 3,642
Message 7 of 7

It's on, but it doesn't work.  Upon Switching to tablet mode, automatically set screen orientation to: Primary Portrait.  It's on Primary Landscape right now.  If I go into tablet mode...it doesnt change.  The setting is checked.  Should i reinstall this program too?

The screen rotation isn't broken, though.  If I press the 2nd button from the left, or go into the graphical settings, I can still manually change the rotation, but that's annoying to have to do everytime I go into tablet mode, and I shouldn't have to (As it's worked before fine).

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors