cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
stevemitchell
What's DOS?
Views: 1,086
Message 1 of 4

UK power cord for slim 90W power supply? Where to order...

Hello,

I have the 90W slim power supply for my X220 with the US cording.  I travel a lot to the UK, and would like to buy just the cord part for the UK.  I don't want to keep carrying the US to UK adapter that I have as it takes up space.

Worst case I'd buy the same power supply for the UK - can't even find that part number. 

Suggestions appreciated.  

Former Employee
Views: 1,072
Message 2 of 4

Re: UK power cord for slim 90W power supply? Where to order...

hey stevemitchell,

unfortunately we do not sell just the cord alone. You will need to purchase it as a set.

I would recommend giving our Lenovo US Sales via 1-866-968-4465

for some suggestions

WW Social Media
Important Note: If you need help, post your question in the forum, and include your system type, model number and OS. Do not post your serial number.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

Follow @LenovoForums on Twitter!
Have you checked out the Community Knowledgebase yet?!
How to send a private message? --> Check out this article.
Community SuperMod
Community SuperMod
Views: 1,065
Message 3 of 4

Hi stevemitchell, and welcome to the Lenovo User Community!

After years of International travel, here's my thinking: US power plugs are the smallest in the world, and if I travel with one foreign power plug for every US power plug I end up with a bunch of bigger plugs in my luggage, so... I travel with one adapter for each country, and a small three-outlet US to US adapter cube to plug into them:

http://www.homedepot.com/Electrical-Electrical-Cords-Cord-Management-Surge-Protectors-Power-Strips-C...

So for the UK all I need is one UK adapter, one three-outlet cube, and my normal US power cords and bricks.

As a bonus, in the US I always win the airport power outlet hunting game because I can politely ask the campers to let me tap in!

Just a suggestion, hope it helps!

I don't work for Lenovo. I'm a crazy volunteer!
stevemitchell
What's DOS?
Views: 1,055
Message 4 of 4

That's a great idea, but yet another component I have to carry.  I've also found the converters that I have gone through in the last 15 years is very high - they have movable parts, and don't always have a grounded middle pin, which can cause problems with equipment that require them. 

For critical things such as my iPhone and computer, I would prefer to have native plugs which are just wires and less likely to fail Smiley Happy  Everything else can use the converter, with something like what you have below, which is exactly what I do now.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors