Did you mean: 
mogoins
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 1,368
Message 1 of 3

Update Issues - Intel Wireless LAN Driver - 10 version 18.40.0

Using System Update, I am notified of a Critical Update:

System Update-Intel Wireless LAN Driver.png

Proceeding with the update, it performs a reset however, does not successfully complete - i.e., all steps are completed but device driver is not updated and the update re-appears in the System Update repeatedly.

I also visited the Support page for my device, downloaded the package manually and attempted to complete installation (as an Administrator), unsuccessfully.  The install reaches the point where it seeks a Driver Installation Package and continuously fails, regardless of where the Setup files are placed.  I've posted a sequence of screenshots below.

Intel Wireless LAN Driver Install Error-1.pngIntel Wireless LAN Driver Install Error-updated source.pngIntel Wireless LAN Driver Install Error-invalid package.pngIntel Wireless LAN Driver Install Error-3.png

Device Manager-Intel Wireless LAN Driver.png

Please advise of solution as I experience the same endless loop of unsuccessful updates with other Intel updates via the System Update Tool.

Pedroza70
What's DOS?
Views: 1,166
Message 2 of 3

Re: Update Issues - Intel Wireless LAN Driver - 10 version 18.40.0

Similar problem. After updating Lenovo Companion the Intel AC wireless driver doesn't work. I run the Intel 19.20.0 driver software package and it repairs it. If I restart the machine the driver is gone again though, I have to repair all the time.

Please provide a valid solution from the manufacturer of the hardware, or Microsoft if it has to do with the win10 updates.

thanks

GotGame
What's DOS?
Views: 433
Message 3 of 3

Re: Update Issues - Intel Wireless LAN Driver - 10 version 18.40.0

Same problem with Intel Wireless LAN Driver -10 [64], verison 20.30.0 on Lenovo T460. System Update repeatedly prompts that the driver needs to be updated after already installing and rebooting many times.

Tried manual driver download from Lenovo, installation has been stuck at "Repairing: Intel PROSet/Wireless WiFi Software" for an hour.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors