Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
miregistered
What's DOS?
Views: 248
Message 1 of 2

Very very strange problem with X61t

Hi,

Yesterday I shut down my X61t (which was connected to AC) and I went to bed.

Today I took it with me at work, like everyday.. When I arrived I tried to power it on but the power button was not responding...

I tried the second power button which is under the screen and it started..

However, immediately after showing the Thinkpad logo on the screen it started beeping repeatedly (no beep pattern, just repeating short beeps). I shut it down and start it again (from the second power button, since the main one is not responding). The same beeps...

I have configured my BIOS to ask for fingerprint in order to start booting the operating system, the beeps will continue as long as the laptop is powered on... After swiping my finger on the reader, the beeps stopped and the OS (Ubuntu 10.10) booted normally to the login screen asking for password, which I couldn't type since the whole keyboard was not responding...

After connecting an external keyboard the laptop worked OK, which makes me think that probably the keyboard has passed away... but I cannot figure out why? and are those beeps due to keyboard problem?

But this is not the end... When I shut down the computer (when connected to AC) everything is OK; however when I unplug it and then shut it down, it is restarting on its own after 5 seconds and the only way to stop it, is to remove the battery... But when I remove the battery and putting it back, the laptop won't boot again.. none of the two power buttons is responding and the only way to boot it is connecting it to AC.

I'm very confused... Any help is much appreciated!

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 207
Message 2 of 2

Re: Very very strange problem with X61t

The first thing to try is to unplug the internal keyboard; plug in an external keyboard and try starting from the power butrton on the screen.

Rich

I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors