cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
wanderseeme
Punch Card
Views: 1,132
Message 1 of 5

When will ThinkPad Helix 3rd gen come out?

I'm currently using my Thinkpad Helix 2nd gen with Ultrabook Pro Keyboard and I love it. Currently I would like to buy a new one for my wife, but I would like to wait for the 3rd gen of Helix coming out, since it would probably has  6th gen Intel CPUs.

So, when will ThinkPad Helix 3rd gen come out?

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 1,109
Message 2 of 5

Re: When will ThinkPad Helix 3rd gen come out?

Hi wanderseeme,

Welcome to Lenovo Community.

I have a Helix and love it, so I can relate.  I don't work for Lenovo and have not heard when or if a Gen 3 Helix will be released. Have you considered the new ThinkPad X1 Yoga ?

Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2006-2016 / Windows Insider MVP 2016-
I am not employed by Microsoft or Lenovo.

Communities:   English    Deutsch    Español    Português    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська   Polski    Türkçe    Moto English

wanderseeme
Punch Card
Views: 1,097
Message 3 of 5

Hi Bugbatter,

Thank you for your recommendation. I quick looked X1 Yoga, it's good and newer than Helix, but I like a detachable hybrid laptop and smaller (11' is a perfect size to me) one. So I think Helix fits me the best :-D
ibmthink
Bit Torrent
Views: 1,073
Message 4 of 5

There isn´t going to be a Helix 3 I think. Replacement for the Helix line is the ThinkPad X1 Tablet (12.1" 3:2 Detachable ala Surface Pro).

wanderseeme
Punch Card
Views: 1,049
Message 5 of 5

Oh no that's really a pity! I really hope ThinkPad can provide a model (such as Helix) that has detachable screen and HINGED TrackPoint keyboard, obviously the X1 Tablet has a non-highed keyboard, which is relatively less useful from my point of view.

Any way, thanks for your clarification, now I know I don't need to wait, a Helix 2nd gen is a suitable choice for my needs :-D

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors