cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Davidlu1858
What's DOS?
Views: 680
Message 1 of 5

Why thinkpad x230 tablet without windows 8 installed from the factory? What is the real reason?

I have been waiting for one year for the x230 tablet with the win8 installed, but unfortunately, Lenovo did nothing's, why it have to wait,rather than upgrade my self, I believe the current x230t ,s some function will not work , as Lenovo also remove win8 from their website

X230 tablet as a top level business laptop without windows8 is unreasonable, as win8 already available for so long time
I also believe Lenovo will have to do something to produce x230t with windows8, or new x240t with win8, because too many thinkpad fans waiting for that
lead_org Microsoft MVP Contributor
Microsoft MVP Contributor
Views: 644
Message 2 of 5

Re: Why thinkpad x230 tablet without windows 8 installed from the factory? What is the real reason?

To be a windows 8 certified device with touch screen feature, it has to have at least 5 points touch. The X220t and X230t uses a 2 point touch screen, so they do not meet the minimum requirement for Windows 8.

Regards,

Jin Li

May this year, be the year of 'DO'!

I am a volunteer, and not a paid staff of Lenovo or Microsoft
Davidlu1858
What's DOS?
Views: 635
Message 3 of 5

Re: Why thinkpad x230 tablet without windows 8 installed from the factory? What is the real reason?

thank you very much for your reply

would you be able to advise me when the new product  for the X series tablet will be avaiable ? I have already been waitting for that for one year,  and I have also bought a rubsih product, the Thinkpad twist S240U, this product for student is ok, not for business use

Highlighted
lead_org Microsoft MVP Contributor
Microsoft MVP Contributor
Views: 630
Message 4 of 5

ThinkPad Helix was a replacement for the X230t, and now the ThinkPad Yoga is about to come out.
Regards,

Jin Li

May this year, be the year of 'DO'!

I am a volunteer, and not a paid staff of Lenovo or Microsoft
vlangs
Serial Port
Views: 574
Message 5 of 5

I just got my X220t replaced by lenovo for a Yoga 2 Pro

I wanted a thinkpad yoga, but the release date is still murky and I didn't want to wait much longer so yoga 2 pro it is!

I'll miss the pen tablet, but I just got a windows 8.1 tablet (8 inch) with active digitizer that's much more convenient for taking notes anyways. 

and I mean, a 3200x1800 screen is just amazing!

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors