Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Apie
Fanfold Paper
Views: 143
Message 1 of 1

X1 Tablet 3rd Gen - Freeze and heating up on Lock

Hello,

I've been using my (new) X1 Tablet 3rd Gen (i5/8Gb) for two weeks at the office and had several instances where I would lock Windows and when I got back around 5 minutes later and try to unlock it, it wouldn't unlock. It would just show a black screen and the fan was blowing hard. The top back of the tablet also seems to be hotter than normal. Closing and reopening the lid doesn't change anything. All I can do at this point is hold the power button for 15 seconds and restart. 

There doesn't seem to be any difference in manually locking, Dynamic Lock with an iPhone, or Glance Presence detection and luckely it doesn't happen every time it gets locked.

I have the tablet connected to a Samsung monitor (c34h89x) which is also charging the tablet. The desktop is set to Extend to the second monitor.

Power mode (plugged in): Better performance. (The 'Best performance' performance makes the fan blow annoyingly hard.)

Lenovo Vantage shows no updates to install, but I did  manually update the BIOS to 1.32. (The changelog didn't mention anything regarding this issue, but I thought I try it anyway)

Usually I have two Citrix sessions running.

I did not have this issue during the four weeks before at home where I would use the tablet without external monitor.

Any insights? 

Edit: A new symptom : I just tried to unlock with Windows Hello and it said "Couldn't turn on the camera. Please sign in with your PIN". I was curious if the fingerprint reader would work, but that didn't work either. I had to sign in with the PIN.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors