Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
stenle
Punch Card
Views: 331
Message 1 of 7

X1 Tablet gen 3: No sign of charging

I just bought my X1 tablet gen 3 last week, excellent product from Lenovo.

But when I first charge it, I noticed that there is no sign of it is being charged, I mean no light on the power button, neither on the Thinkpad logo on the back, nothing changes even after being fully charged. But yes, it really charges my tablet (battery get full after around 2h-3h) 

The light on the power button and thinkpad logo will be on when I turn on my computer, and that's everything. 

I'm so confused now, i don't thing such basic functionality can be lacking in a great product like this. Or mine is malfuctional?

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 196
Message 2 of 7

Re: X1 Tablet gen 3: No sign of charging

Hi Stenle

Greetings from Lenovo.

As you have mentioned about the charging issue, this looks like a hardware failure suggest you to visit our service center for the repair. Please refer the link for the list https://lnv.gy/2l7Wokj

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

stenle
Punch Card
Views: 193
Message 3 of 7

Oh so it's a hardware issue? 

What is the correct behavior when plugging in?

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 185
Message 4 of 7

Hi Stenle

Before giving it to the service center, once the tablet is fully charged suggest you to press and hold the power button for 15-20 seconds and check if the tablet turns on.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

stenle
Punch Card
Views: 174
Message 5 of 7

Thanks for your reply, @Askwin_Lenovo.

Yes I tried pressing and holding the power button for around 25s, nothing happened until I released that button, it powered on.

But I don't understand what will that do with the question? Because the machine works fine, it just does not show any signs of being charged when I plug it in, unless I turn it on to see on the screen. 

Is that its normal behavior? 

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 157
Message 6 of 7

Hi stenle,

Just to understand more, do you see any notification on the screen about the battery charging?

stenle
Punch Card
Views: 151
Message 7 of 7

Not notification but I saw this icon.

charge.png

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors