Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
test6
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 227
Message 1 of 3

X1 Tablet no longer starts, possibly, due to previous Intel chipset update

Last night my Lenovo X1 Tablet 1st Gen (20GG) was still running. Then I installed a new driver from Lenovo for the chipset (as recommended by Lenovo) and shut down the tablet after successful completion: https://download.lenovo.com/pccbbs/mobiles/n1fid04w.txt

As of today, it doesn't work anymore. The Lenovo logo is no longer coming. I don't know if it's because of the update. When I connect the power adapter, the tablet flashes three times but nothing happens. The tablet would then normally display the Lenovo logo and then start up.

It doesn't beep or anything. Nothing happens. I tried reset and press the power button for a long time. Nothing. Unfortunately, the warranty has just expired.

It is not the power supply, because I tried two original Lenovo power supplies. In addition, the battery is likly charged.

Highlighted
ejoker
802.11n
Views: 209
Message 2 of 3

Re: X1 Tablet no longer starts, possibly, due to previous Intel chipset update

From what you described, it is unlikely that it is caused by a driver update.

When you first press the power button, it powers the CPU and the CPU would run the BIOS / UEFI. At this stage, you will see the Lenovo Logo.

The BIOS or UEFI will initialise and test the hardware. If it passes, then it would boot up your system based on your boot loader.

In your case, it did not reach the BIOS or UEFI stage, so it would not have reached the stage of the boot loader (Windows Boot Manager) loading the Intel Chipset Driver.

When you connect an appropriate power supply, it would blink 3 times (I think this is part of Lenovo's Status Indicator, a Thinkpad thingy)

So, it would lead me to suspect that there is a hardware failure somewhere and probably related to a power component or worse, CPU failure. Since it does not even allow the CPU to run BIOS / UEFI.

Or, your screen is dead.

I am not sure if you can troubleshoot and fix this without help unless you are rather tech savvy.

test6
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 174
Message 3 of 3

Re: X1 Tablet no longer starts, possibly, due to previous Intel chipset update

Thank you for that information. I had now sent the tablet to a repair company. This has carried out a hardware reset. Now it works again. Thank you very much.

And we're back...

Move delayed but still coming

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors