Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
KI5183
Paper Tape
Views: 353
Message 1 of 3

X1Carbon compatibility Samsung 970 Evo Plus

Hello, I have an X1C 3. Gen. (Type 20BS, 20BT) with a Samsung 256 G, M.2, 2.280, PCIe 3x4, STD. Is it possible to replace this SSD by an Samsung 970 Evo Plus and getting all the speed advantages? Or does my notebook limit the speed bc of any certain interface?

Thx in advance for answering!

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 314
Message 2 of 3

Re: X1Carbon compatibility Samsung 970 Evo Plus

Hello and welcome,

The short answer is no.  It's not a speed problem.  The X1C3 supports m.2 SSDs with either SATA or PCIe/AHCI interfaces.  It does not support PCIe/NVMe like that 970 Plus and most other current PCIe SSDs.

Z.

The large print: please read the Community Participation Rules before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

The fine print: I do not work for, nor do I speak for Lenovo. Unsolicited private messages will be ignored - questions and answers belong in the forum so that others may contribute and benefit. ... GeezBlog

Communities:   English    Deutsch    Español    Português    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська   Polski    Türkçe    Moto English

KI5183
Paper Tape
Views: 284
Message 3 of 3

Re: X1Carbon compatibility Samsung 970 Evo Plus

Nevertheless- thank u so much for ur answer!

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors