US

12 Signins

213 Page Views

• Views: 213
  • Message 1 of 4

X200 SSD Installation

2019-03-01, 14:25 PM

Hello!

I wonder if someone would be so kind as to help me transfer my Windows 7 Pro  HDD contents to a new Intel 545s 128 GB SSD?

I have spent quite a lot of time trying to determine just how to do this, but--my Apologies!--I really cannot figure it out...It would be GREAT if someone would Post the steps I need to accomplish.

I want to transfer all the data on the Old HDD to the New SSD / remove the HDD and put it in storage / install & use the New SSD...sounds so simple, yes..?!

Thanks, everyone.    Michael

Options

1815 Posts

08-02-2018

US

696 Signins

10116 Page Views

• Views: 10116
  • Message 2 of 4

Re: X200 SSD Installation

2019-12-12, 16:13 PM

Hi LaverdaSFC! Sorry for the delay. What I can suggest is to clone the HDD to SDD. Kindly download the Macrium Reflect. Below are the steps:

1. Open the app and click on the disk you want to clone. Make sure that the device is connected.
2. Click Clone this disk --> Select a disk to clone to…
3. Click on the destination disk - this can be an external hard drive or an internal drive connected by an enclosure. Remember, this process will erase any data stored on the destination drive.

*If the storage size is different, follow the steps below before proceeding to the next step.
a. Click the C: partition --> Click Cloned Partition Properties
b. Change the value so that the partition grows or shrinks depending on whether you're moving to a smaller or larger drive then click on OK.

4. Click Next when all partitions have been dragged over to the destination drive

5. Click Next to see a summary of what you're about to clone. This is a good time to ensure the drive letters are all correct.

6. Click Finish --> click OK

Regards

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

Options

4 Posts

03-01-2019

US

12 Signins

213 Page Views

• Message 3 of 4

2019-12-12, 22:36 PM

Hello, & thanks for your assistance...I apprreciate it!

Here's where I am: the X200 currently has an Intel 128 GB SSD installed, that's running Win 7 Pro. I also have a WD 160 GB HDD ( that was original to the X200 ), that I have installed Win 10 Pro on ( VIA a 'built-in' upgrade feature, from Microsoft ). 

I like to swap-out the Intel SSD for the WD HDD from time to time, just to try out Win 10.

So: what I'd like to do, is install Win 10 Pro on the same Intel SSD that Win 7 Pro is, so that I could decide which OS to run on a given day, when I turn The Old ThinkPad (!) on.

Someone has suggested that it's entirely possible to have Win 7 Pro & Win 10 Pro on one SSD, and I'd certainly like to know how to accomplish this.

Oh: I did download and use Macrium Reflect to initially install Win 7 on the Intel SSD...then, having safely made sure that I had a copy of 7 that Win 10 couldn't erase (?! ), I went to Microsoft, and downloaded & installed Win 10 on the WD.

There...now you know it all!

Thanks again for your help!

Sincerely, Michael.   

Options

4 Posts

03-01-2019

US

12 Signins

213 Page Views

• Message 4 of 4

2019-12-16, 3:10 AM

Hello again!

My apologies if I am revisiting an old issue, but: I am having FAR MORE TROUBLE THAN I SHOULD when I want to Post a New Topic!

Geez!

I've gone to Many Websites in my life, and I have NEVER seen one that's as difficult to navigate as this one.

A suggestion: simply (!) present a dialogue box that recognises most requests, & will take the Registered User there...the existing scheme really does seem illogical, and results in confusion / lack of respect for Lenovo / reduced sales (!! ).

Really. I almost never complain, but Lenovo's way of presenting information is NOT EASY TO UNDERSTAND!

( ...at least, for this user! )  

**************************************************************************

So: this being said, I have another Question I'd like to ask: My ThinkPad X200 Tablet's UltraBase is very 'touchy' i.e., with the X200 attached, a very slight movement will result in an alarm. What's happening, & how may I fix it?

As always: THANKS, everyone!

Sincerely, Michael 

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save