Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Welcome to the Forums!

Welcome to Lenovo's Peer-to-Peer Discussion Community!
Please note our guidelines. How to register and login and Community FAQs.

Help Lenovo Shape the Future of PCs

Take the ownership survey. Share your ideas with our product team

Community Spotlight

Visit the Community Blog

Are you ready for Windows 10?

Get to know Windows 10
Visit the Windows 10 Support Center
Paper Tape

X200 Tablet Cannot upgrade BIOS

[ Edited ]

Recently had M/B replaced due to failure and am now attempting to upgrade the BIOS to alleviate some issues that it has.  I downloaded the 6duj32uc.iso and burned to CD as required for Vista 64 machines, booted from the CD and read instructions in option 1. 

When I try to do option 2 to upgrade the system, I receive an error "Bios Directory not found."  I tried burning with Nero, Magic ISO and some others (wasted 5 CD's) and get the same error each time.  Any ideas?

System Info:

Type 7449-EKU

Windows Vista Bus. 64

BIOS: 2.07

CPU Core 2 L9400 1.86G

Message Edited by estalnaker on 07-01-2009 12:06 PM
Get a privacy screen, then you know who's trying to watch what you do...
X200 Tablet
7449-EKU
Topics: 421
Kudos: 1,417
Solutions: 317
0 Kudos

Re: X200 Tablet Cannot upgrade BIOS

estalnaker,

We have released version 3.02 of the X200 tablet BIOS.  The ISO files to burn a CD are 7wuj3luc.iso and are available here.

Could I ask you to try to get these and see if they burn properly.  I hate to ask you to risk making another frisbee (since you have a small collection already by the sound of it) but this may be a way to a quicker solution than trying to debug the other file.

Thanks,

Mark

ThinkPads: S30, T43, X60t, X1, W700ds, IdeaPad Y710, IdeaCentre: A300, IdeaPad K1
Mark Hopkins
Program Manager, Lenovo Social Media (Services)
twitter @lenovoforums
English English Community   Deutsche Deutsche Community   Español Comunidad en Español   ru.gif Русскоязычное Сообщество
Paper Tape
0 Kudos

Burned the CD and did not get the error this time.  However, I left my AC adapter at home this morning so will have to wait until this evening to really try the upgrade.  Still wondering how I got to the old BIOS page unless my desktop cached it though.

Thanks for the quick reply and I'll update tonight as soon as I get a chance to run the update.

Get a privacy screen, then you know who's trying to watch what you do...
X200 Tablet
7449-EKU
Fanfold Paper
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]
Mark, thanks for your help so far.  But, after I download the .iso file, when I boot the .iso I only get a blank screen with a flashing cursor.
Message Edited by solzont on 07-28-2009 10:00 AM
Blue Screen Again
0 Kudos

I updated the BIOS to the x200 tablet 3.11 version and am now getting the same problem that many report here with 15 min boot times.

I checked the BIOS work around (disableing the Intel vT whatever) and both Intel vT items were already disabled.

Need help if anybody has a clue.

Type 7448-CTO

Windows 7

BIOS: 2.07

CPU Core 2 L9400 1.86G

Ctrl-Alt-Del
0 Kudos

this is stupendously incompetent, i think

ive used dozens of ASUS/Acer/MSI mobos over the years and never experienced anything like it

been thu every update since about 3.04 hoping there would be a fix (even a tantalizing message about fixing slow boot times in the 3.11 release notes Smiley Sad)

downgrade to 2.06 fails here as well - the thing just never 'finishes'

Blue Screen Again
0 Kudos

Actually, the downgrade to 2.06 worked for my X200 tablet. I was stunned to see it actually boot normally after doing so.

Thank GOODNESS someone put that file on a server we could get at. I doubt I'll ever try to upgrade the BIOS on this laptop again.

Highlighted
Ctrl-Alt-Del
0 Kudos

suppose you ran the Windows updater?

installing windows + running the update would take a couple hours - id have to reboot about 8 times to recoup

the installer running from DOS/memdisk/GRUB just freezes and never finishes when using 2.06

Punch Card
0 Kudos

Ref: X200 - 7448CTO

Guys,  do I need to upgrade the BIOS after upgrading Vista to Windows 7?  Reading so many problems with BIOS I am reluctant to do it.  What would be the downside to NOT doing a BIOS upgrade?

Also, anyone knows the Blue ThinkVantage button function is after the Windows7 upgrade?  I am assuming the Windows7 upgrade disc would do some magic in the background to update the ThinkVantage button.  We are all facing the same problem, I guess.  Any help here?

Thanks,

Eric

What's DOS?
0 Kudos

I am new to the forums and in need of help. I just updated my BIOS to 3.11 and have been experiencing 15-20 minute boot times. I have tried to reinstall BIOS and use bootable CD but both give me a message saying the version is identical to what is currently installed and won't let me override it. Any help???