cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RJD
Punch Card
Views: 1,560
Message 1 of 7

X200 Tablet - Communication from Lenovo w customers ( Multi Touch Panel and ongoing shipping delays)

Dear Lenovo,

I have started a different thread to bring to focus a self (Lenovo) created satisfaction issue that is affecting more and more customers it seems. 

Those Lenovo customers who are waiting for an X200 Tablet with a Multi Touch Display are simply looking for some customer communication with respect to our orders. This is your (Lenovo's opportunity to respond to this post with an approved public statement with respect to ;

1) What is the current problem with this laptop (or configuration)  ?

2) Could customers help out by changing their order to a different screen type?

3) What should customer expectations be with respect to the delay (realistic impact on delivery schedule)?

4) For those that ordered accessories seperately what does Lenovo recommend they do with these ?

This is an opportunity for you to address this current production challenge in a way that is respectful to your loyal customers. Please take me up on this offer and post a reply for all to view.

I am not sure how many customers I am representing with this post but  truly feel that it is not unreasonable to ask for a little clarity and truth with respect to these orders that keep getting pushed back. To continue the current path of non-communication (miscommunication)  is not in keeping with the company's principles and past. Has something changed? Is this the reputation that Lenovo would like to propogate within the industry?

Respectfully

RJD

- A Lenovo customer

please feel free to reply post if you would like to show support for this request for communication.

jingamon
Blue Screen Again
Views: 1,544
Message 2 of 7

Re: X200 Tablet - Communication from Lenovo w customers ( Multi Touch Panel and ongoing shipping del

I honestly believe that you're on the right track. If Lenovo would reply to concerns instead of the customers having to deal with uninformed tech support they could calm this issue down a bit here. Give us something to work with as to what's going on.

I also would like to know if changing to a different screen type would relieve the pressure Lenovo is having keeping up with the orders.

Community SuperMod
Community SuperMod
Views: 1,532
Message 3 of 7

Re: X200 Tablet - Communication from Lenovo w customers ( Multi Touch Panel and ongoing shipping del

RJD wrote:

This is an opportunity for you to address this current production challenge in a way that is respectful to your loyal customers. Please take me up on this offer and post a reply for all to view.

please feel free to reply post if you would like to show support for this request for communication.

Welcome to the forum!

While there are a few Lenovo employees roaming around in here helping out on a volunteer basis, this is not an official support channel with dedicated Lenovo support personnel assigned to it. Instead, this is designed to be a user-to-user support and discussion forum. You may or may not get an answer directly from one of the Lenovo employees as there are way more of us than them and all of them, even Mark, have full-time jobs doing other things.
Having said that, I'll leave this thread open along with your call for others to support your request, however I expect everyone to keep it civil and friendly.  No roughing up our quarterback if he has a chance to respond.  Good luck!

keep-calm-it-s-a-thinkpad-sm2.jpg

English English Community   Deutsche Deutsche Community   Español Comunidad en Español   ru.gif Русскоязычное Сообщество

Jane
nonnymouselenovoff1.gif

2015 X1 Carbon, ThinkPad Slate, T410s, X301, X200 Tablet, T60p, HP TouchPad, iPad Air 2, iPhone 5S, IdeaTab A2107A, Yoga Tablet, Yoga 3 Pro
I AM one of those crazy ThinkPad zealots!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

I am not a Lenovo employee

Former Administrator
Views: 1,448
Message 4 of 7

RJD,

Thanks for taking this initiative.   This is primarily a peer to peer support community, but we do try to get involved on some of the issues that affect multiple customers and lend a hand.   In the past, we have communicated when there were issues affecting a particular series, and your request here is timely. 

I'm probably at least a week overdue on this particular one....

We are working through some constraints on the enhanced touch panels on this X200 tablet.   It appears that we have some stock coming in and shipments for some of these back ordered units should start by early next week.

Many of the ESDs have been moving out as the parts were not in stock, and the system assigns and re-assigns estimated dates based on lead times from supplier commitments. 

I would advise against trying to rebook / change the orders to a different screen selection at this point.   I'll check with our supply chain to see what our outlook is to clear this backlog and provide a further update before end of day on Monday.

Best regards,

Mark

jingamon
Blue Screen Again
Views: 1,445
Message 5 of 7

Thank you very much. That's all I needed for my own personal piece of mind. I know you're here on a volunteer basis and your response is appreciated.

RJD
Punch Card
Views: 1,379
Message 6 of 7

Mark,

Thank you for your response and I will be looking forward to the additional information you are hoping to provide on Monday.

Regards

RJD

dmnys
Paper Tape
Views: 1,318
Message 7 of 7

Me too! I ordered 11/09 and the most recent update to the order status shows an expected ship date of 1/10. Thanks for setting this up RJD.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors