Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gcarrle
Not applicable
Views: 2,510
Message 1 of 5

X200 Tablet International WWAN

I just purchased an X200 with Verizon WWAN.  I have not yet called to activate but i noticed the Access Connects has an entry for Verizon Wireless and for Verizon Wireless - International.  My question is whether this system is set up with the ability to add a SIM Card so that i can roam internationally and still use Verizon WWAN?  If so, how do i go about getting the SIM Card - Lenovo or Verizon?  Thanks

Moderator edit: Replaced WLAN with WWAN throughout.

bananaman
Not applicable
Views: 2,506
Message 2 of 5

Re: X200 Tablet International WWAN

Hi gcarrie, and welcome to the Lenovo User Community!

The X200 "Verizon" WWAN option is a clever Qualcomm Gobi card which works on both CDMA-based and GSM-based data networks. In the US Verizon uses CDMA-based data. To work with the data networks in GSM countries the Gobi card needs a SIM card. I believe the X200 Verizon card is locked to Verizon SIMs.

P.S. Hope you don't mind my little edit!

I don't work for Lenovo. I'm a crazy volunteer!
gcarrle
Not applicable
Views: 2,461
Message 3 of 5

Thanks!! 

gcarrle
Not applicable
Views: 2,446
Message 4 of 5

I've ordered the SIM from Verizon.  Does anyone know where i can get the instructions for how to install it in the X200 Tablet?  Thank you.

AGoodSolution
Not applicable
Views: 2,428
Message 5 of 5

The SIM slot is self explanatory and accessed when you remove the battery to expose the slot.

Be advised, Lenovo has a reputation for deploying unlocked GSM WWAN cards and restricting your carrier with the included connection software, it is worth attempting a connection using windows DUN and the carriers unique dial string, most carriers use short strings such as Sprint USA is #777 and no user ID and password to connect.

GSM carriers provision their access by the SIM so whether or nor your SIM is a Verizon or any other GSM with cellular data access, you'll likely have necessary access.

Google for your carrier's WWAN DUN settings and you should find numerous sites with varying levels of instructions.

------------------
Don't just sit there, take a second and use the Kudo's button to compliment the people who help you.
------------------

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors