Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mrphewitt
Not applicable
Views: 15,951
Message 1 of 12

X200 Tablet Pen and Touch not Working in Windows 7

Hi,

Just bought a X200 Tablet, 7448CTO. It had Vista, have done a clean install of Windows 7. Managed to get everything working except Tablet Pen and Touch. Have tried to install the driver from http://download.lenovo.com/ibmdl/pub/pc/pccbbs/options/7wgf07ww.zip and it says:

"No penabled hardware detected on this system"

What silly mistake am I making.

Thanks,

Phil Hewitt

erik
Not applicable
Views: 15,934
Message 2 of 12

Re: X200 Tablet Pen and Touch not Working in Windows 7

welcome to the forum!

check and make sure the tablet PC input service is installed.   it should be in the programs and features control panel under windows components.

ThinkStation P700      ThinkPad P40 · 600

mrphewitt
Not applicable
Views: 15,904
Message 3 of 12

Erik,

Thanks for your reply. The tablet PC input service is not installed.

If I go to the Device Manager there is a "Unknown Device" under other devices. I can't find any reference to a tablet device in the device manager. I assume this unknown device is the pen/touch interface its just that it doesn't know enough about it to install the correct driver.

Thanks for your help,

Phil

mrphewitt
Not applicable
Views: 15,902
Message 4 of 12

A further update.

When looking at the Uknown device properties it says on the details tab that the hardware Ids are ACPI\WACF00C. Google this and it points to Wacom Penabled Minidriver. So the hardware is there its just that the install utility doesn't seem to recognise it.

mrphewitt
Not applicable
Views: 15,896
Message 5 of 12

Further update, went to the WACOM site and downloaded their software

http://www.wacom-europe.com/index2.asp?pid=29〈=en

there is no Windows 7 driver there. Installed OK but still not recognising pen / touch.

Then tried to install driver from Lenovo site. Still no penabled hardware available.

I'm starting to think there is a dependency to allow windows 7 to pick up the pen / touch interface that is missing.

Have removed the WACOM software

erik
Not applicable
Views: 15,874
Message 6 of 12

the driver you need can be downloaded here.   you can also download and install TVSU here to automate the process.

ThinkStation P700      ThinkPad P40 · 600

mrphewitt
Not applicable
Views: 15,803
Message 7 of 12

Further update,

I've gone to "Program and Features" in control panel. In the "uninstall or change a program" there is no reference to tablet drivers or pen/touch.

If I click on the "turn windows features on or off" link the "tablet PC components" tick box is ticked.

mrphewitt
Not applicable
Views: 15,855
Message 8 of 12

Erik,

I used TVSU to start with. This did not install the pen driver. I then went to the link you have provided and downloaded the setup file and then when I ran it it came up with the message about there not being a penabled device.

Phil

mrphewitt
Not applicable
Views: 15,826
Message 9 of 12

Update,

I extracted the files from the zip and ran the setup file as administrator (right click run as admin) this claimed to find the penabled device but the device manager showed no difference, still an unknown device.

Then used the device manager to browse to the folder with the contents of the zip file and it imported the driver ok. Device manager now says the wacom tablet is installed but "not started".

Phil

mrphewitt
Not applicable
Views: 15,801
Message 10 of 12

fixed it!

followed the instructions on this link in.... http://forum.tabletpcreview.com/showthread.php?t=28767

I downloaded the multi touch file from the lenovo site at...

http://www-307.ibm.com/pc/support/site.wss/document.do?lndocid=MIGR-73317

installed it as administrator and restarted. Then navigated to the 7wge56ww directory and ran the setup as an admin and rebooted twice and pen and multi touch heaven, fabulous, my life is complete.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors