Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dragonxi
Blue Screen Again
Views: 6,951
Message 1 of 7

X200 Tablet - Wacom Pen Blue Screen of Death on Windows 7

Hello...hopefully someone can help & point me in the right direction...I have a Lenovo x200 tablet PC (Stylus Only Version) - and recently installed Windows 7 Professional (64bit)

The OS install went perfectly...Once installed, I did all the Systems Updates for Windows 7, including all the updates for Lenovo using System Update 4.01.....However, I have an issue that I cannot seem to figure out...

PROBLEM # 1

The biggest issue I now face is, whenever I put the Digitized Pen next to the Tablet Screen within 2 seconds I get the 'Blue Screen of Death'....and it automatically Reboots....This ONLY happens when I touch the Pen to the screen....

I uninstalled the 'Wacom Drivers' - within the Device Manager, which i assume were installed by the system update(s)....After, uninstalling the issue of the 'Blue Screen' from happening when the pen touches the screen is gone.....However, I have no way of being able to use the Pen...it does not show any cursor or inking....Is there a specific DRIVER that I should be installing on my own to make this work properly - without getting the 'Blue Screen of Death' each time?....I really need some guidance on this issue. Smiley Sad

PROBLEM # 2

My Second issue, which is suddenly occured after day 2 of installing updates is the Lenovo System Update 4.01 -- Suddenly, after working on day 1 - now, whenever i try to 'Check New Updates' i get a popup that says "An error was detected with the Package catalog for your system on the System Update Server. Please contact the Support Center".

I called techical support on the phone - and they made it seem like this was not their problem and they could not help me...The odd thing is, that this was working before, and now all of sudden it doesnt work...

If someone can please advise me on what to do, especially with the Pen Driver problem, I would greatly appreciate it....Thanks!

dragonxi
Blue Screen Again
Views: 6,905
Message 2 of 7

Re: X200 Tablet - Wacom Pen Blue Screen of Death on Windows 7

Any suggestions?....pls..Smiley Sad

mromid
What's DOS?
Views: 6,841
Message 3 of 7

i have the same problem....help anyone?

jnolan
Fanfold Paper
Views: 6,603
Message 4 of 7

**FIXED IT** TWICE!

I've been messing with this on multiple machines at my school.

I was getting the BSOD, "no tablet installed" all that good stuff.

I installed this, that and the other thing.

After testing another machine, I read something in the BSOD that caught my attention.

It mentions resetting the cache of the BIOS. I wasn't sure what that meant, or how to do it.

But I was able to get into the BIOS (F1 on the Lenovo splash screen) and I just tapped F9 (load default Bios options -paraphrasing) Then I hit ESC- it prompts to save the settings, agree and let the computer continue to boot.

I was able to test the Pen at the login screen. Just repeated this process on another X200 computer and it worked again.

Try it.

Good luck!

pomalley
What's DOS?
Views: 6,235
Message 5 of 7

This fixed my problem too. Thanks!
daventex
Paper Tape
Views: 5,654
Message 6 of 7

I updated the "Wacom Penabled MiniDriver" driver through the Device Manager and my tablet stopped crashing. 

Billaboard
Punch Card
Views: 4,395
Message 7 of 7

This bios reset has just worked here, too. I also had to re-install the Wacom driver as well.

Before finding this thread, I had tried many things, including listening to the Wacom "signal" on a medium wave AM radio, and installing the various drivers from Lenovo and Wacom in different order.

This different order loading did get rid of the BSOD, but the pen still didn't work. At this stage, loading in different order changed what was shown under Computer->Properties between "No Pen", "Pen", "Pen and single Finger touch" and "Pen and two finger Touch".

Now, after resetting the bios, the pen works, but under Start->Computer->Properties it says "Pen and single finger touch", but going into Control Panel, the Touch settings area says a supported touchscreen was not found.

If I re-install Windows 7 64-bit from scratch, is there any particular order that the various drivers should be loaded? Are they all needed? 

Holiday Deals
HAPPENING NOW!

Get the best deals on PCs and tech now during the Holiday Sale
Shop the sale

Top Kudoed Authors