Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
LaverdaSFC
Fanfold Paper
Views: 300
Message 1 of 3

X200 Tablet & Windows 10

Hello!

I wonder if there's a way to install Windows 10 on my X200, so that the current OS--Windows 7 Pro--will still be there i.e., have a ThinkPad where I may switch between 7 and 10?

I have two drives for this X200: an Intel 128GB SSD that has the original Win 7 Pro installed ( I cloned the original WD ); and the WD, that I have already installed Win 10 Pro on ( it accepted the  Win 10 Pro ISO from Microsoft's site, and works Great ).

So: although it's very easy to swap drives (!), I'd rather like to have Win 10 and Win 7 on just one...the Intel, but I have no interest in having Win 10 'destroy' Win 7, as it installes itself!

Once again: this X200 certainly seems to run Win 10 Pro effortlessly...may I mix 'n match 7 & 10 on one drive?

As always: thanks, folks!     Michael.  

dongcong
What's DOS?
Views: 189
Message 2 of 3

Re: X200 Tablet & Windows 10

Hi Michael,

Certainly you can. My WD SSD has got 3 OS on it, one is XP, another is Windows 7 and the last one is Windows 10. All of them work fine. I suggest as:

- Firstly you partition the SSD into two partitions.

- Secondly you install Windows 7 on the first partition, the second one is empty.

- Thirdly you install Windows 10 on the second one.

From then on, Windows 10 will manage the boot manager with two OS, you can choose what OS run as you want. If you install Windows 10 first, then Windows 7, the boot manager of Windows 7 cannot manage Windows 10 and you won't boot any OS.

Best wishes.

Highlighted
vegan-fanatic
Token Ring
Views: 150
Message 3 of 3

Re: X200 Tablet & Windows 10

if you need to run multiple operating systems, always start with the oldest one first and then each one in chronologiocal order

I own: T400 T500 X220 X230 all running Windows 10 Professional

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors