Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jbowpsp
What's DOS?
Views: 3,247
Message 1 of 7

X200 Tablet - power manager stopped working

i have 32 bit vista system. every time i start my computer or restart, i get a message box that says " power manager has stopped working. i can see the battery monitor in the taskbar, and it is accurate. how can i get this message to stop working? I have tried everything.
moxsea
What's DOS?
Views: 3,048
Message 2 of 7

Re: X200 Tablet - power manager stopped working

Fwiw, the same error message, "Power Manager has stopped working..." presents late in boot up on my tablet too. Running 64-bit Vista here. No solutions at this time. The problem seems to have started recently, after a series of Lenovo updates were installed.
cecilyen
Serial Port
Views: 3,026
Message 3 of 7

I have similiar configuration. I did not see this error.
x200 Tablet, 4GB RAM, Pen/Hand Touch Screen
Windows 7 Pro x64
alantamm
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 2,957
Message 4 of 7

@moxsea wrote:
Fwiw, the same error message, "Power Manager has stopped working..." presents late in boot up on my tablet too. Running 64-bit Vista here. No solutions at this time. The problem seems to have started recently, after a series of Lenovo updates were installed.

Exact same case here!

Fix or an at least an answer? Really pessimistic here..

-----
Design Matters (agreed)
TabletTyro
Fanfold Paper
Views: 2,840
Message 5 of 7

Yes, 64-bit Vista, the same error message at startup, and it started after I updated through the Lenovo updater process in ThinkVantage.

I haven't noticed any degradation in performance, but I'm still new to my X200 Tablet. Maybe I don't know any better..Is there any wa to reboot it manually?

Steve

Etch-A-Sketch
Punch Card
Views: 2,819
Message 6 of 7

Whenever I started the ThinkPad Power Manager application it used to crash more often than not (Vista 32 bit on X61 tablet). The fix for me was to:

Uninstall "ThinkPad Power Manager"

Uninstall "ThinkPad Power Management Driver"

Reboot

Reinstall both of the above and reboot again.

chimp_on_a_T61
Punch Card
Views: 2,807
Message 7 of 7

Also having this problem on Vista64, and it started immediately after the current updates.

During the update process, I got a message that a file being copied was older than the current version (one of the cryptically-named TVXXXXXX.DLL files).  I let it copy, since it was a part of the package being installed.  Don't know if that was part of the problem, or not...

Ok, update on this problem:  I found later that TV Productivity Center and the blue TV button were also hosed by the last updates.  So, as Etch suggested, I unininstalled Productivity Center, Power Manager, and PM driver, rebooted, then let System Update reinstall the utilities.  All is working now, no boot messages.

Message Edited by chimp_on_a_T61 on 03-18-2009 04:47 PM

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors