Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Dr_Bill
Paper Tape
Views: 1,740
Message 1 of 5

X200 Tablet wireless problems after upgrading to windows 7

Hello to all.

I have a problem with my X200 tablet  P/N 7449-FWG which after upgraded to windows 7 does not detect the following devices:

- Mobile Broadband

- Wireless USB

- Intel WI Max

- GPS receiver

All the above where installed and functioning when the machine shipped to me last August running Vista Pro 64-bit

There is another change symptom.

When it worked under Vista, the machine remembered the state of wireless devices after hibernation/reboot. Now, under  Windows 7 the machine boots with bluetooth always off, and i must go to FN-F5 to activate it.

All the rest seem to work perfectly.

Any help would be appreciated, because i tried anything i could think of to resolve the problem.

Regards

-

kensil
Punch Card
Views: 1,676
Message 2 of 5

Re: X200 Tablet wireless problems after upgrading to windows 7

Depending on the upgrade procedure, Windows downloads and installs some, but not all of the drivers needed for Thinkpads. The remaining drivers can be obtained from Lenovo's website for X200 Tablets at http://www-307.ibm.com/pc/support/site.wss/document.do?lndocid=MIGR-70476 or more simply using Thinkvantage System Update (TVSU) that can be downloaded at  http://www-307.ibm.com/pc/support/site.wss/TVSU-UPDATE.html. After installing, run TVSU and choose the drivers and programs needed.

Note - Lenovo's Win7 upgrade kit includes a separate disk for installing Thinkvantage System Update and other Thinkpad drivers and utilities.

Dr_Bill
Paper Tape
Views: 1,662
Message 3 of 5

All the updates have been installed and reapplied, both automatically and manually.Access Connections

kensil
Punch Card
Views: 1,636
Message 4 of 5

With one exception, Win7 upgrades on our X60 & X200 series tablets have gone smoothly. The exception occurred when we tried to force the installation of an older USB device (scanner) that was mistakenly thought to be Win7 compatible. That effectively disabled USB and wireless services and required a complete re-install of Win7.

Asside from the usual diagnositics (e.g. Computer Management Console) uninstalling and re-installing the drivers may be a possibility.

Dr_Bill
Paper Tape
Views: 1,608
Message 5 of 5

I am in this phase now. I uninstall all the devices and try to re-install them. So far Intel My WiFi Technology seems to succeed. Wireless USB and Mobile Broadband did not. I keep trying

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors