cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
shayo
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 2,875
Message 11 of 17

Re: X200 Wireless problem - finds available networks but can not connect to them.

Hi,

Finally. After fiddeling with a lot of driver stuff, I was managed to connect to my network.

However, the story isn't over yet.

It seems that while the signal is at 100%, the speed is fixed at 1 Mbps.

I found some forums saying that it is a common Vista driver problem (with other wireless card types) and that driver update fixed that. But, I am working with the latest (or so I think?) Intel driver.

S.

Alexkass
Punch Card
Views: 2,866
Message 12 of 17

Re: X200 Wireless problem - finds available networks but can not connect to them.

use static ip via access connections. the only permanent solution under vista.
Highlighted
shayo
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 2,739
Message 13 of 17

I finally sent the laptop for inspection by Lenovo.

It was a hardware problem. The wireless card was connected only to one antena.

Got it back today. Everything works great.

S.

stillerz
Blue Screen Again
Views: 2,078
Message 14 of 17

I'm having a similar problem with my X200 Tablet under Vista 64-bit, but only with my home network.  I have no problems with my work network or when I boot into XP (I have a dual-boot system) and use wireless there at home.

My home network is a Linksys WRT54GX2 running 128-bit WEP.

I'm using the latest Intel 5100 AGN drivers from the Lenovo site, etc.

I saw the note about the antennas not being connected, which seems odd to me.  In my case, I can't see how that is the problem since it works fine under a different OS and on a different network.

Was there any software related to your fix?

shayo
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 2,071
Message 15 of 17

No software solution. It was a hardware issue.

emoh
What's DOS?
Views: 2,034
Message 16 of 17

I have the similar problem, got the connection successful with one of the office wireless. After awhile, the wireless connection dropped off.

At home, I am unable to join the network at all. I have tried changing the WEP password to WPA password. Changed the channel, all sorts of settings configured but to no avail. 

I am very peeved and if need to send back to Lenovo to replace the hardware, it's gonna make me even more fuming hot. Smiley Sad

explosive0
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,804
Message 17 of 17

I'm having the exact problem. I installed XP Tablet Edition, and the problem was gone. Reinstalled Vista back, problem came back. It's with the OS.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors