Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ebaiz
Paper Tape
Views: 1,181
Message 1 of 3

X200 tablet with Multi Touch screen: NIGHTMARE

ello,
I bought the latest and greatest X200 tablet, with a Multi Touch screen and all the trimmings, I was excited to change from a long family of T thinkpads (owned T20, T30, T40,T42, T61) and change to the long-awaited tablet. 

I prefer to write in bullets to cut to the chase:

-paid for the computer the last days of October2008

-computer delivered ONE MONTH LATER November 20th, already devaluated

-in May 09, a problem started: every time you turned on the computer, the cursor moved on it's own erratically all over the screen, clicking on everything here and there on its own for a few seconds until Windows would "stop the process"

-I had purchased On-Site service, but when I called, Lenovo argued vehemently that I had not purchased it and demanded I send the machine to fix on the box they sent.

-They sent the machine back a week later WITH THE SAME PROBLEM. The wire they claim to have changed did not fix it.

-I found my original invoice and noticed I HAD purchased On-Site service

-I called support; they apologized and said a service person would come "next week"

-That week passed and nobody came. I called again, disappointed.

-A guy called Jamie xxxxxx promised I would be up and running really soon. He apologized again. This time someone would definitely come “next week”

-Next week someone came, with 3 boxes. He took my computer apart, breaking the hinge in the process, and then noticed none of the 3 boxes had a correct part. Another apology, still have a broken computer.

- The tech left, promising he would come back,  Jamie called to assure me “SOON”.

-Tried to use the embedded camera, now it doesn’t work either, tech guy must have broken it too.

-Really upset I called Jamie, he says there is nothing he can do. Part is ordered and out of stock.

-It’s August 3, 2009 today. Still the computer is broken. I paid for the computer 10 months ago but only have had an operational computer for 6 months. THIS IS A NIGHTMARE. 40% of the time I have not been able to use the computer I paid $2,800 for. How much is it worth today????

Hello... is anyone there????

Moderator Note; Full name of Lenovo employee edited in accordance with forum rules.

Message Edited by andyP on 08-03-2009 10:58 PM
Lenovo Employee Soap
Lenovo Employee
Views: 1,118
Message 2 of 3

Re: X200 tablet with Multi Touch screen: NIGHTMARE

As of right now, please tell us exactly what does not work.  I see that you have an extensive history with trying to get your computer serviced but I want to make sure that we can easily identify what is not working.  Is it just the embedded camera or do you still have a broken hinge as well?

Thank You

tknutson
Paper Tape
Views: 1,073
Message 3 of 3

Re: X200 tablet with Multi Touch screen: NIGHTMARE

• every time you turned on the computer, the cursor moved on it's own erratically all over the screen, clicking on everything here and there on its own for a few seconds until Windows would "stop the process"
  • Next week someone came, with 3 boxes. He took my computer apart, breaking the hinge in the process and then noticed none of the 3 boxes had a correct part.
  • Tried to use the embedded camera, now it doesn’t work either, tech guy must have broken it too.

I think it's safe to assume all three issues still apply.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Disappointed Thinkpad customer not planning to purchase another Lenovo product...

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals