Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dcmcm5
Fanfold Paper
Views: 2,494
Message 1 of 8

X201 Tablet Pen Problem

Stylus works great in landscape mode but when I switch to portrait the pointer moves  all over the screen. I can't Calibrate because when I open it and get the screen touching it  gives no response. Tech Support wants me to re-image my computer  but I want to do that as a last resort since it will  mean several hours of reloading programs.  I think it is driver related.

Moderator Note: Subject edited.

barrywohl
Punch Card
Views: 2,467
Message 2 of 8

Re: X201 Tablet Pen Problem

This is the same problem I have, I think, but in addition, I lose the mouse functions after I calibrate the touch.  No respones to my thread either.  I am planning some trouble shooting today (comparing drivers with another X201T that works fine).

Barry

dcmcm5
Fanfold Paper
Views: 2,465
Message 3 of 8

I am using Windows 7 so I don't know what role that plays. My experience is most want to blame someone else so Microsoft would say it is a Lenore or Wacom problem and they want to say it is a Microsoft problem.  It is interesting that Wacom he longer has a TabletPC driver on their site.

barrywohl
Punch Card
Views: 2,457
Message 4 of 8

I am also using Win7 Pro SP1 x64. Barry
barrywohl
Punch Card
Views: 2,436
Message 5 of 8

I think this will fix your problem. It fixed mine.
Uninstall ISD Tablet 7.0.2-10 from Programs And Features in Control Panel.
Install ISD Tablet 7.0.2-19 from this link:
http://www-307.ibm.com/pc/support/site.wss/document.do?lndocid=MIGR-74908
Reboot.

It fixed my problems and I think it will fix your.
Barry
dcmcm5
Fanfold Paper
Views: 2,406
Message 6 of 8

Yes, it fixed the problem! Thanks for the help. I had tried loading that file before but had not uninstalled the other version. I assumed it would upload and use the latest.

Thanks for the help.

Elyonit
Paper Tape
Views: 1,824
Message 7 of 8

I have the 7.0.2-19 installed and the problem with using the pen persists. I can only use it with one of the landscape positions and none of the portrait. On the other three positions the arrow moves on the opposite direction of the pen. I cannot calibrate either. An interesting point is that this does not happen all the time and I do not know what it is triggering it. Can you help.

Capitalist
Paper Tape
Views: 1,550
Message 8 of 8

I had this same problem (posted a different thread before I found this); uninstalling the ISD driver then installing 7.0.2-19 *SEEMED* to fix the problem, but today, the problem spontaneously happened again!  Looking at the system right now, I see ISD 7.0.2-19 installed, but no pen button functions, no pen calibration possible, and the pen cursor doesn't follow the pen in any orientation other than primary landscape.

Lenovo, WHAT DO WE HAVE TO DO TO GET YOU TO FIX THIS???????

Thx

-frank

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals