cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
binglester
Paper Tape
Views: 1,609
Message 1 of 4

X201 Tablet Tablet MultiTouch Support (Newbie)

I'm new to the Tablet community but excited to venture into it.  My workplace provided me with an X201 Tablet type 2985 model C5U.  The pen works great but I can emulate any of the finger/touch demos.  Is this not supported with my type or model?  Or do I need a special driver.  When I open the tablet PC settings, I'm given the option to identify my screen as PEN or TOUCH.  While I select TOUCH, no finger combination (one or two) that presses my screen will invoke anything.  I was hoping this would be a touch solutoin albeit more powerful than the iPad.  Appreciate your responses everyone.

Thank you.

L

SuperMod
SuperMod
Views: 1,577
Message 2 of 4

Re: X201 Tablet Tablet MultiTouch Support (Newbie)

welcome to the forum!

the 2985-C5U model has a pen-only outdoor-viewable display.   it does not support touch input.

ThinkStation P700      ThinkPad P40 · 600

binglester
Paper Tape
Views: 1,547
Message 3 of 4

Erik...much appreciate the reply.  Would you mind sharing which precise models does support both pen and touch?  I will consider trading my machine in for the models you suggest.  I hope the screen resolution is compatible with what I have.  Thank you very much.

SuperMod
SuperMod
Views: 1,531
Message 4 of 4

the easiest method is to download the ThinkPad Personal Systems Reference (PSREF) sheets.   this lists all of the current TopSeller, preconfigured, preconfigured with on-site warranty, and preconfigured education models with complete specs, model numbers, and detailed descriptions.

http://www.lenovo.com/psref/

(edit: typo)

ThinkStation P700      ThinkPad P40 · 600

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors