Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
edmyulee
What's DOS?
Views: 8,512
Message 1 of 3

X201 Tablet Touch Screen Functions Are Not Working

I have not been able to use the touch screen functions for about a month now.  When you use your finger to select something on the screen it goes to the desktop and will not select the item you touched.  The only way the touch screen works is with the pen.  Also the screen will not rotate when you flip the screen into tablet mode.  I check for any new updates but the system is up to date.  This is driving me crazy as I need to have the touch screen working right for my business programs the are installed.

Former Employee
Views: 8,357
Message 2 of 3

Re: X201 Tablet Touch Screen Functions Are Not Working

hey edmyulee,

welcome to the forums and for this, we would like you to uninstall all ThinkVantage software and drivers from your unit.

go to http://support.lenovo.com and download all of them but do not install them yet.

set your unit to diagnostic mode via MSCONFIG. Once your unit is in diagnostic mode, install the software/drivers that was removed previously and try again.

WW Social Media
Important Note: If you need help, post your question in the forum, and include your system type, model number and OS. Do not post your serial number.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

Follow @LenovoForums on Twitter!
Have you checked out the Community Knowledgebase yet?!
How to send a private message? --> Check out this article.
besteds
What's DOS?
Views: 8,226
Message 3 of 3

Re: X201 Tablet Touch Screen Functions Are Not Working

Hi I have a Thinkpad x201 tablet and I think since I updated it my multi tap does not work when I put it into tablet mode the pen is not just a dot anymore but just a pointer like a mouse and non of the functions or buttons on the tablet screen work. Also when i get it to invert the pen is the opposite then when I move it. How do I get it back to the way it was all of the options are gone its almost as if it somehow went back to basics. Help please. Also it got rid of my ink function on word and excel I put them back on but the erasor is not accessible how can I fix this too. Everything else on my computer is fine and is running fast I deleted the toolbox a while ago just because it was not working. If someone could help it would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors