cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
steffenfischer
Paper Tape
Views: 19,710
Message 1 of 15

X201 multi touch driver for windows 8 x64?

Hi

I'm using X201 (3093-96G) and I'm testing Windows 8 Release Preview.

The most is working fine.

But two things are not working:

- multi touch

- finger print reader

Have anybody better experiences?

Are there driver for windows 8 already?

thank you for any help

Steffen

ragimov
Paper Tape
Views: 19,284
Message 2 of 15

Betreff: X201 multi touch driver for windows 8 x64?

Hallo,
I have also one X201-tablet (3093-3GS) and i have the same problem.
Did you find any solution?
I have installed Windows 8 Pro (delivered from our university) and this problem still there. No Windows Update help to fix it.
Thank you,
Ruslan
csystems
Fanfold Paper
Views: 19,257
Message 3 of 15

I am on a x230t, however I did end up having an issue with the digitizer buttons after doing a fresh load of Windows 8 final.  When I upgraded an exisitng Windows 7 drive I had no issues however doing a fresh load I did.

For me I was able to use the latest driver from wacom (as the Windows 7 driver would not recognize the hardware in the fresh Windows 8 load) to get the buttons working again.  I am not certain that it kept the rest of the digitizer accuracy however, I am still testing to be sure.

http://www.wacom.com/en/customercare/Drivers.aspx?model=Tablet+PC&os=Windows+7

Hope it helps.

K.

dotMorten
What's DOS?
Views: 19,116
Message 4 of 15

It actually used to work great for me. I had 4-finger touch working with Windows 8 x64 on my x201t, but this week I was foolish enough to install the Lenovo Update installer tool for Win8, and BAM! touch is now gone.

...Well kinda gone. First of all my screen does react to touch, but it's either only in the very upper left or lower right corner(regardless of where I press). The corner where touch input gets registered seems to change when I reinstall the touch drivers. Also calibration doesn't help. In the Computer Properties, It now says my PC supports "Pen and Limited two finger support" (used to say "Pen and four finger support"). I have no idea what "limited" means either.

I wish I somehow could get back to my previous state, but haven't been able to yet. Removing the devices doesn't seem to help.

jurajb
Fanfold Paper
Views: 18,511
Message 5 of 15

Hi, I have 2985-EZG X201t and no multitouch with win8 pro clean install.

How did you installed or ugraded to win 8 with working multitouch?

Can you remember? There is currently no driver to download

I hope Lenovo can fix this ASAP.

Mathis
Blue Screen Again
Views: 18,504
Message 6 of 15

Ironic: fresh install failed but upgrade did not. Still debating if upgrade is the way to go. My win 7 pen and touch works fine (x220 tablet) but win 8 is an excellent touch interface.

jurajb
Fanfold Paper
Views: 18,499
Message 7 of 15

well, with clean install there is NO TOUCH at all !

jurajb
Fanfold Paper
Views: 18,491
Message 8 of 15

FIXED IT !

I downloaded (from my backup, driver version 3.1.1.3, driver date 12.01.2011, but I did Win7 fresh re-install and fresh drivers in October 2012) the old win7 driver installation files ( that I used before win 8 upgrade) to C:\DRIVERS\WIN\MTouch, went to Device Manager and selected "unknown device", which I knew was the Wacom Tablet, because all other drivers are just fine and working.

then select - right cklick - update driver software... - browse my computer for updated driver software - and browsed manually to the directory C:\DRIVERS\WIN\MTouch, check Include subfolders and click NEXT ! 

A warning appeared that the driver is the correct one, but hw device can not be found, after restart multitouch is working !!!

In dev manager there was exclamation mark on wacom tablet but it WORKed and the pen as well !!

Now I tried the "newer" tablet driver from Lenovo (todays download), but Windows 8 REFUSED IT !!! sayin that it estimated that I already have the best driver for my device !! Smiley Very Happy

Now I was able to procced the full install by running setup.exe from used driver install directory and I must restart windows now, lets hope it still works after reboot Smiley Very Happy 

Highlighted
jurajb
Fanfold Paper
Views: 18,486
Message 9 of 15

NO, it is GONE !

I will try to uninstall it now.

jurajb
Fanfold Paper
Views: 18,485
Message 10 of 15

I uninstalled WACOM Tablet Software and Wacom plug-ins for browsers in Control panel - Uninstall a program.
Reboot.
Deleted c:\program Files\Tablet... --- folder where Wacom Tablet software was installed
Reboot
Check Dev Manager - there is a Unknown device again (this is Wacom Tablet if all other drivers are OK).
Select - right click - and repeat manual driver install, this time I tried the NEWEST win7driver (today's download from Lenovo) and it works again (multitouch AND pen) !
I will NOT install Wacom software and/or Tablet/Multitouch driver using System Update until this issue will be solved by ether WACOM or LENOVO.

Good luck guys!

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors