cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ducati-boy
Paper Tape
Views: 1,319
Message 1 of 8

X201 strange touch input issue, stuck click?

Just picked up a new X201 with multitouch, The error only happens when using my finger, best way to describe it is like the mouse button just gets stuck and keeps firing. It sort of resets if i touch the screen with the pen, but not always. 

Its incredibly annoying, I've tried recalibrating, old drivers, new drivers, complete reinstall, just can't find a combination that works long term, so I've had to disable touch input which sort of defeats the purpose of the multitouch display.

Anyone come across this problem? can't seem to find it on google or through searching the forum.  The pen works perfect, no issues, but just goes a bit crazy when using my finger.

Cheers.

Former Employee
Views: 1,237
Message 2 of 8

Re: X201 strange touch input issue, stuck click?

hey ducati-boy,

have you tried uninstalling the multitouch drivers and then letting windows install its own generic drivers ? If you haven't, could you do that first and see how it goes.

also, is your X201 Tablet's bios at version 1.37 ?

WW Social Media
Important Note: If you need help, post your question in the forum, and include your system type, model number and OS. Do not post your serial number.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

Follow @LenovoForums on Twitter!
Have you checked out the Community Knowledgebase yet?!
How to send a private message? --> Check out this article.
ducati-boy
Paper Tape
Views: 1,206
Message 3 of 8

Hi,

Yes its got the latest BIOS, I have also tried that and let windows find its own drivers, that often fixed one thing and then stuffed something else up, think something with the pen went wrong.  Pretty sure too when I let windows do its generic drivers, when in tablet mode the pointer moved in the opposite direction to where you were going when using pen/finger.

Just can't seem to find a working combo, may try just installing absolutely everything lenovo and see what happens.

ducati-boy
Paper Tape
Views: 1,150
Message 4 of 8

I've uploaded a little clip of it happening, though this is pretty mild to when it goes nuts, anyone have any ideas?

bios is 1.37, tried letting windows detect it own drivers and the pen works, it says touch is installed but doesn't recognise any finger inputs and obviously can't calibrate the screen then for touch..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BzVsVyLG24A

Pic
Blue Screen Again
Views: 1,136
Message 5 of 8

It seems like a static electricity issue. Is it happening every time you touch the screen or just sometimes?
One way you could verify this is by disabling momentarily the touch driver in Device Manager so it can reset itself from the static discharge.

Here is how to do this:

When your touch cursor goes crazy,

1. Keep your stylus close to the screen to restrain the crazy touch cursor to click everywhere you go, then reach the Device Manager.
  2. Find the "Wacom Two Finger Touch" device in "Human Interface Devices" category
  3. Right-click on it, then click Disable (this will stop the crazy cursor).
  4. Take a second to discharge yourself by touching a grounded metal case near you and don't move from there (try to don't rub yourself on anything) then...
  5. Right-click "Wacom Two Finger Touch" and then click Enable.
  6. Now try to perform touch on your tablet screen.

If you are then able to touch your screen without problem it's most probably that you got static electricity issues most of the time. If it's the case, there no other solution than trying to get rid of static electicity charges whenever you wanna touch the screen. It could depends on your clothes, shoes, floors and all you're working environment so be careful when moving around to touch some grounded equipment before touching your screen.

I hope this could help you.

X201 tablet w/ Multitouch, 8-Cell Battery
Core i7 620LM (2.00 GHz) w/ 4 GB DDR3 Memory
Windows 7 Pro 64 bits, HDD 320GB 7200RPM
ducati-boy
Paper Tape
Views: 1,116
Message 6 of 8

So your saying I'm rather electric? Smiley Tongue

After trying for a second time to let windows sort out its own drivers it seems to be behaving itself, but I will keep that trick in mind if it starts to play up again. Quite possible though as it happens the most at home which is all carperted and walking around in bare feet, so would build up a bit of a charge.  The stylus does correct it, only happens with my finger.

Cheers for the help

joncordova
802.11n
Views: 963
Message 7 of 8

Just a thought: is clicklock on in the Mouse settings?
ducati-boy
Paper Tape
Views: 924
Message 8 of 8

no, click lock is off. it does seem to be a static electricity issue. 

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors