Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Welcome to the Lenovo Community

Welcome to the Forums!

Welcome to Lenovo's Peer-to-Peer Discussion Community!
Please note our guidelines. How to register and login and Community FAQs.
Shape the Future of PCs

Help Lenovo Shape the Future of PCs

Take the ownership survey. Share your ideas with our product team
Community Spotlight

Visit the Lenovo Blogs!

Check out the ThinkPad Time Machine
Visit the Community Spotlight Blog
Windows  10

Are you ready for Windows 10?

Get to know Windows 10
Visit the Windows 10 Support Center
Paper Tape
0 Kudos

X201t --versus-- laptop + color Plastic Logic QUE

Hi folks,

I'm considering buying* a ThinkPad X201t, which would be my first tablet computer, but not my first ThinkPad. I wanted to get some input from regular users of Lenovo's convertible tablets regarding these two alternatives:

A. A high-end convertible tablet such as the X201t

B. A high-end laptop** used in concert with a color*** e-ink business tablet such as the Plastic Logic QUE

My main interest in a tablet device is for reading and marking up PDF documents. I currently spend a few hours a day doing this on a laptop, and staring intently at a bright LCD screen seriously taxes my eyes. Since convertible tablets use traditional monitors they don't solve my eye strain, but they do allow a more paper-like mark-up experience with a stylus.

So, what do some of you see as the additional value of a convertible tablet? If a color Plastic Logic QUE were available, what would make you still want a convertible tablet? Or would you prefer a full-size, normal laptop and a QUE to do your tablet work?

Thanks for your input

* Assuming it becomes available again in the next month or so

** e.g., a ThinkPad or a MacBook Pro

*** granted, a color QUE doesn't currently exist, but it won't be too long (LINK)