India

2 Signins

19 Page Views

• Views: 19
  • Message 1 of 2

X220 Factory Reset - After Upgrade to Win 8 Professional

2013-10-09, 20:27 PM

Greetings All!

I purchased X220 Lenevo tablet one and half year back. It shipped with Windows 7 Professional. In June 2013 I purchased Windows 8 Professional and upgraded my system from Windows 7 professional to Windows 8 professional. 

I keen to revert to Windows 7 Professional for several good reason but am unable to do the same. When I pressed the F11 key at the begining, Windows is not doing anything. I tried with think Vantage button but still no luck.

Beside this, several applications which has been shipped with tablet is not working as well. Not sure, what could be the reason behind the same.

I neither format the system nor delete the recovery drive which shipped with the product.

Please advise.

With Thanks!

Shyam

Options

84 Posts

09-23-2011

Albany, NY

85 Signins

687 Page Views

• Views: 687
  • Message 2 of 2

Re: X220 Factory Reset - After Upgrade to Win 8 Professional

2013-11-08, 14:05 PM

if you're trying to change the default boot, the thinkvantage or the the f12 button should do it.

when you turn your computer on, press both repeatedly, you're probably missing the time slot because windows 8 boots so much faster than 7 (and has quickboot enabled by default)

windows 8 can't disable your bios in any way so the boot select is just a matter of speed.

best of luck!

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save