cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
EjđiSixo
Serial Port
Views: 3,093
Message 1 of 6

X220 Tablet Screen type identify ( and touch input problem / not working)

Hey to everyone. I have a question since lenovo seems to lack on a informations when it comes to this. I bought a used X220 and cant identify if it should be multitouch or pen input only model. Screen part number is (according to lenovo page):
04W3462

Model Number is 42962WU

Touchscreen with finger doesnt work ( if it has any).
I dont have a pen (stylus) currently since it was not provided with laptop BUT:
Windows in properties says : No pen or touch input is available for this display .
Reinstalled windows freshly twice along with drivers (once manually downloaded , second time used Lenovo System update)

Still says the same, and there is no tablet or pen and touch settings in control panel.

In some other topics , someone suggested to similar problem as a solution installing wacom pen drivers, lenovo digitizer drivers etc.
Tried provided drivers , and with every driver throws the same error : a supported tablet was not found on the system

Maybe it has to detect pen near the laptop and it should be fine?

Did I just got ripped off?

Thanks a bunch!
EjđiSixo
Serial Port
Views: 3,060
Message 2 of 6

Re: X220 Tablet Screen type identify ( and touch input problem / not working)

Ok, so the lcd is definitely multitouch , which is now a reason to concern .

Basically , windows recognize it as a laptop, no hid touch input devices in device manager whatsoever.

Is this a common issue? Tryed unpluging and plugging back in LCD micro cables but nothing.
EjđiSixo
Serial Port
Views: 2,981
Message 3 of 6

*SOLVED* X220 Tablet Screen type identify ( and touch input problem / not working)

For everyone who have same problem it was a hardware problem (motherboard).

phlp
Fanfold Paper
Views: 2,953
Message 4 of 6

Re: *SOLVED* X220 Tablet Screen type identify ( and touch input problem / not working)

Hiya, I have the same problem.  What did you do to fix it?

EjđiSixo
Serial Port
Views: 2,936
Message 5 of 6

Re: *SOLVED* X220 Tablet Screen type identify ( and touch input problem / not working)

Well, I had some warranty left so I sent it back.Not sure which component was exactly the problem since some other thing needed to be changed, but I see they changed LCD & LED cable , which was in my opinion problem. On the other hand, a lot of people who reported same problem said it was a motherboard fault. 

Now I have other problem where my touch screen detects "touchs" while my fingers are far from screen so I have to turn off touch when I'm not using it. Oh.... Meanwhile ,my warranty expired when laptop was at the repair.

If you have warranty send it back for them to take a look. If you don't, I guess 2nd easiest and cheapest solution would be to replace connectors / cables which connect motherboard and screen / buttons. 

That being said, to be honest don't even bother. Just use it as a laptop. Touch screen is just terrible on it anyway, and it causes nothing but frustrations when using it. It's impossible to type on a virtual keyboard, screen doesn't respond on the edges and so on...

phlp
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,681
Message 6 of 6

Sorry, i haven't logged into this forum for a long time.

It wasn't a hardware issue for me.  I tried upgrading to windows 10 and it seems the touch driver works with the x220t.  Happy days.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors