Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Welcome to the Forums!

Welcome to Lenovo's Peer-to-Peer Discussion Community!
Please note our guidelines. How to register and login and Community FAQs.

Help Lenovo Shape the Future of PCs

Take the ownership survey. Share your ideas with our product team

Community Spotlight

Visit the Community Blog

Are you ready for Windows 10?

Get to know Windows 10
Visit the Windows 10 Support Center
Paper Tape
0 Kudos
Accepted Solution

X220 Tablet no longer getting power

[ Edited ]

Hello,

I bought a X220 Tablet this past summer. A couple of days ago I was using the laptop plugged in when it popped up saying that I was on reserve battery. Thinking the plug had just come unseated, I unplugged and replugged the power supply from the back. The computer though refuses to think it is plugged into the power supply. It still gets power from a battery. I tested to make sure that it wasn't just a power supply issue by borrowing a known working one from a friend, which the computer also refused to recognize. 

I was just wondering if this is a known issue of the plug going bad in the X220s, and if there was some fix before I took it into the repair center.

Paper Tape
0 Kudos

Re: X220 Tablet no longer getting power

Dug through the forums for a bit after posting and found a similar problem in an X41. Played around with the instructions, and to my surprise my computer is now functioning again. Posting this here for anyone else that has a similar problem.

http://forums.lenovo.com/t5/X-Series-Tablet-ThinkPad-Laptops/Power-supply-replacement/m-p/22195