Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
santib77
What's DOS?
Views: 620
Message 1 of 3

X220 Tablet pen support only no touch with finger

Hi,

I have been baffled by this issue for quite a while now. I have a lenovo X220 tablet that supports both finger and pen inputs for touch. Originally this laptop came with windows 7 and everything was fine and dandy. I then bought windows 8/8.1 Pro 64-bit and did a clean installation of it. Now I only have pen support for the touchscreen, i.e. my finger is recognized as a pen/mouse not a finger which is really frustrating specially when scrolling. Now before I actually purchased the win8 license I had tried out the windows 8 release preview and everything worked perfectly then. So now when I got the actual release of the OS its not. Furthermore I currently have a dual-boot set up with windows 10 technical preview as my other OS and in there it also works perfectly fine as it should. This is important because when I contacted lenovo about the issue they suggested that my screen was broken, but clearly it is not. 

Can anyone shed some light on this issue? It is a real shame not to be able to take advantage of this fine screen and windows 8 touch friendlyness. 

Kind regards.

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 602
Message 2 of 3

Re: X220 Tablet pen support only no touch with finger

There is a firmware update for X220 tablet under win8 that improves didigitizer recognition.

http://support.lenovo.com/us/en/products/laptops-and-netbooks/thinkpad-x-series-tablet-laptops/think...

Rich

I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo.
santib77
What's DOS?
Views: 574
Message 3 of 3

Re: X220 Tablet pen support only no touch with finger

Hi,

Unfortunatelly I get an error saying "A connection was not established. Update can not be performed."

And furthermore my Current Version is listed as ????

Do you  know how to proceed from here?

Kind regards.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors